Job description / Role
Work Area: Finance
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Student
Employment Type: Limited Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That's why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it's the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people's lives.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
- Participates in the general administration of the finance and accounting function.
- For accounting, this role includes all basic activities that are performed to meet accounting and financial reporting requirements that result from legal obligations or SAP internal global policies.
- For finance, this may include administering activities such as accounting commissions, order management treasury management, or billing that may not be in scope of a global Finance Shared Service organization.
- These roles may complete transactions within a specialized area and may interact with the broader F&A Community to achieve desired results/services.
- Provide revenue recognition deal support or business model innovation support for specific region, territory, or on a global level.
- Involved in fair value compliance testing activities, providing revenue recognition guidance for end customer contracts or business models ensuring compliance with the SAP Revenue Recognition Policy- Participate in the monthly close process.
- Accounting: Participates in the monthly close process including posting journal entries, reviewing and reconciling balance sheet and profit and loss accounts, and providing detailed analysis.
- Creates, posts, and reconciles intercompany transactions while ensuring compliance with the SAP Accounting Guidelines.
- Assists with the annual financial audits, tax audits as well as the preparation of the year-end financial reporting packages.
- Responsible for administration of customer contract which includes creation of customer information in SAP's systems, such as customer master data, creation of installations, customer contact information related to the booking of a contract, invoicing customers, software delivery, and revenue recognition of deals booked.
- Supports daily, treasury activities like financial risk management, financial asset management, FX and cash management.
- Provides reporting, forecasting and related support to internal customers.
- Ensures timely and accurate customer billing.
- Analyzes pending billing, identifies potential quality issues and resolves directly with upstream personnel.
- Understands, supports and performs all processes and tasks around third party licensing in a reliable and quality driven manner.
- Provides advisory services around third party licensing and the corresponding processes to internal Customers.
- Maintains and analyzes credit decision systems and data for the financial evaluation of SAP customers and prospects.
- Ensures accurate and timely credit checks to improve collectability and profitability and engages as necessary with internal and external customers while following clear and consistent guidelines and global best practices for the conduct of Credit Management at SAP.
- Endeavors to obtain a transparent view of the customer's financial situation, allocates appropriate credit limits in alignment with defined policies to reduce credit risks, and implements an early warning to internal stakeholders on prospects not considered to be creditworthy
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCES AND SKILLS
- Bachelor degree in Accounting/Finance or related business background
- 0-3+ years of accounting or finance experience or in required field (commissions, AR, billing, banking, cash management etc)
- Good understanding of IFRS accounting issues and Sarbanes-Oxley requirement and local accounting skills.
- Experience with SAP ERP preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Conversational in English
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you're searching for a company that's dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment - apply now .
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company. SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
About the Company
Headquartered in Walldorf, Germany, SAP is the world's largest business software company with more than 51,500 employees at sales and development locations in more than 50 countries worldwide.
Our global development approach focuses on distributing development across the world in strategically important markets. A global network of SAP Labs spanning Bulgaria, Canada, China, Germany, Hungary, India, Israel, and the United States, enables SAP to operate locally, yet organize globally.
As the global technology research unit of SAP, SAP Research significantly contributes to SAP's product portfolio and extends SAP's leading position by identifying and shaping emerging IT trends through applied research and corporate venturing. SAP Research has highly skilled teams in 11 research centers worldwide.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Accounts Payable & VAT Accountant
Assistant Finance Manager
China Railway Construction Corporation (CRCC)
A Leader in Providing Air Purification and Control Solutions
Canadian International School (CIS)
|Abu Dhabi||23 Feb|