Job description / Role
The Finance Manager is responsible for the core finance functions, i.e., Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and Payroll, treasury and Management & financial reporting
Roles and Responsibilities
• Responsible for timely closure & reporting of business performance. Providing meaningful variance analysis Ensure smooth and timely completion of external and internal audits resolving all audit issues.
• Closely monitor working capital & Bank facility. Ensure optimal utilization of funds (collections & payments) and effective cash flow management.
• Thoroughly review all payments, guarantees, trade finance & loan, LC’s and Bank Guarantee application before approving.
• Supervise the accounting team, ensure the team is geared towards providing the necessary support and actively mentor and develop the team members.
• Oversee processing, control and review of General ledger and sub ledgers ensuring balance sheet control accounts are reconciled on a monthly basis.
• Timely submission of Withholding tax, Zakat, GOSI reconciliation, Custom’s reconciliation, and other Tax returns, responding to all related queries and following up on Zakat assessments.
• Maintaining accurate salesman and management incentive /commission plan Monthly accrual of incentives, general commissions and Bank commissions.
• Liaising with regional operation & group finance team on a daily basis providing them Adhoc support and advise
• Preparing VAT returns and Customs reconciliations
• Degree in Finance with a SOCPA Finance professional qualification
• At least 5 years of financial accounting, Management reporting and team management experience
• Strong Technical reporting, review & controls knowledge
• Strong treasury & cash flow management experience
• Strong Analytical and Communication skills
• Microsoft Office Skills (particularly Excel)
• Team Management
• ERP Skills
• English (essential) and Arabic (desirable)
About the Company
Ali Zaid Al-Quraishi & Brothers Co Ltd. (AZAQ) was founded in 1958 as a family owned diversified company. Today, with more than 4,500 employees on its payroll, prolific market activities all over the Kingdom, and long established associations with a several world-class brands and international corporations, AZAQ is a leading business group in the region.
The Group today is firmly based in the marketing and distribution field, representing top brand names in leisure goods, household products, watches, office furniture, telecommunications, electronics, electrical equipment and motor vehicles. It is also involved in manufacturing of electrical products and transformers and switchgears.