Job description / Role
Who we are
We are a leading partner for luxury across the Middle East. With more than 600 stores, 300 brands and over 65 years of experience in the region, we have become a major player in the beauty, fashion and gift sectors, by offering service excellence to our partners and delighting all our customers. We are moving fast from a traditional distributor and retailer for luxury in the Middle East, to a hybrid retailer bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
To fuel the next stage of our growth we are looking to build a world class team. From physical retail through to supply chain and customer loyalty, we aim to use technology and data to continuously improve every aspect of our operations. We are looking for top talent to join us on this journey of exploring new horizons together.
What you'll be doing
- As a Finance Manager you will be responsible for managing the monthly financial reporting and control cycle of different business units.
- You will also be responsible for performing corporate control tasks related to balance sheet and cash flow management and supporting the Country Manager through high value-added analysis on performance and control.
- Participate in budget and revision processes, by delegating responsibilities to budget controllers and coordinating with other departments on information requirements
- Prepare the management reporting requirements by incorporating and evaluating all key performance indicators that management requires to be able to follow business profitability and its drivers
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual budgets, financial forecasts, core financial planning and analysis, proposal rates, profit plans and schedules instituting and maintaining other planning and control procedures, and analyzing and reporting of variances to local management and commercial verticals
- Provide detailed monthly operating results and analysis of cost per cost center and cost type, analyzing main variances with latest revision, budget and previous year
- Anticipate financial problems and recommend action plans for budget control
- Lead the implementation of Group internal control procedures locally, to verify the integrity of all financial information, ensure and maintain historical records
- Closely monitor that expenses are on target with projections and that the company operates within budget parameters and provide sufficient commentary on variances to the relevant stakeholder
- Assist the Management, ensuring that operational areas are managed efficiently and effectively to insure a low administrative cost and preparing the annual budgets forecasts and cash flow analysis
- Develop and interpret of statistical and accounting information to appraise operating results in terms of profitability, performance against budget, and other matters bearing on the operating effectiveness of the company
- Oversee, compile and analyze daily operations and financial information of the finance department
- Prepare and review weekly financial forecasts and long-range financial plans
- Direct the monthly, quarterly and year-end close activities to insure timely and accurately compliance with corporate time lines
- Act as finance advisory and make recommendations to the board to allow the business to make informed strategic, managerial and operational decisions
- Liaise with commercial verticals and provide value-added analysis on performance and projections for the respective market
- Ensure all finance records are kept accurately and securely and in line with legislative requirements
- Prepare and submit monthly and quarterly reporting: EV (monthly simplified P&L and balance sheet)/ Magnitude (quarterly detailed P&L and balance sheet)
- Manage the preparation of the official annual report of actual revenues, transfers, and expenses.
- Study the strategic activity flows and create the appropriate reporting and monitoring systems
- Prepare financial viability analysis and project evaluation for contract negotiations and product investment decisions and develop applicable strategies
- Manage, plan and direct annual audit and related matters and provide recommendations for procedural improvements
- Liaise with internal and external auditors ensuring audits are handled effectively
- Liaise with partner's finance teams
- Represent the company in financial institutions/banks
- Ensure cash is optimised and propose actions for Working Capital improvements including management of funding
- Ensure audits are in compliance with brand standards, , internal controls, and internal policies and procedures
What you'll need to succeed
- You will need to hold professional qualifications in either ACCA, CIMA, CFA or CPA
- Arabic speaker
- Previous experience of working within the BIG4 (KPMG, EY, PWC or Deloitte)
- Previous experience of working in Retail or Distribution
- Previous experience in both Finance and Accounting within KSA
What we can offer you
With us, you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers diverse career paths for those who are extraordinary, every day.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.