Job description / Role
Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
Summary of role and reporting line
- The right kind of candidate will offer strategic support and handle operations for practice financials and account management in liaison with the Business Unit's Partners, Directors and the Business Unit Finance Analyst(s). The candidate must be comfortable working with numerous internal support departments on projects relating to our people, marketing & knowledge management.
- The successful candidate will report predominantly to the Finance Lead and Business Unit Chief Operating Officer who form the Business Unit's leadership team, and the Partners & Directors within their business unit.
- You will also report to the Advisory Finance team leader, providing updates which will go directly to the Middle East Deals Leadership Team.
- Your Local Finance Lead will provide guidance regarding compliance with relevant territory policies and procedures.
- Activities and responsibilities within the role in accordance with the PwC Professional Framework categories
- Actively share knowledge within one's own team and across Business Units and promote best practices in respect of the firm's business systems and processes.
- Provide training, coaching and support to other team members as needed.
- Liaising with the regional and global teams where relevant to improve individual working relations and understand the processes that are undertaken as part of an international team's involvement from start to finish.
Working alongside the Business Unit Leader as the Operations Coordinator and provide data, information, reports and particularly KPIs relating to the Business Unit. Support the Business Unit Leadership as required in addressing business opportunities and development. Through observation and understanding of the operation of the Business Unit, contribute improvement and development ideas and proposals as appropriate. Support BU growth by the organisation of various internal and external business unit activities as agreed with the Business Unit Leadership. Specifically plan and prepare quarterly business review meetings, practice meetings, and monthly team meetings to include logistics, agenda creation, meeting support, and report creation.
Ensure that all compliance requirements for new engagements and contracts are met fully and exceptions reported.
- Work closely with peers and team members at all levels, sharing knowledge and providing support where needed.
- On a monthly basis, analyse and report (vs budget) project revenue across territories for each partner and for the Business Unit.
- Maintain billing, provisions and adjustments as necessary and to contract/policy.
- Maintain a dialogue with the Finance team in order to reconcile and verify reported data.
- Maintain accurate records of backlog, reconcile and report to Finance monthly. Reconcile the backlog against actual data after each rollover.
- Enter own time and expenses in accordance with firm's policy and monitor Business Unit staff/partner performance reporting any issues to the relevant partners particularly drawing attention to backlogs and potential consequences.
Decisions made by job holder on own account
- Deal proactively with incoming calls and correspondence providing correct responses and solutions.
- Prepare and format documents according to the firm's standards using the correct branding.
- Manage documentation in an orderly and systematic way so that related documents and communications can be easily retrieved in future.
- Set up new opportunities, engagements and contracts and maintain existing ones using the firms iPower CRM (no longer Client Stream) and finance systems.
- Obtain new job codes and ensure correct use throughout the life of engagements.
- New jobs are to be scheduled in Retain and resourcing issues reported/resolved. Update status as needed.
- Monitor and review net investment with the partner(s) across the portfolio monthly, taking action as directed.
- Ensure that all compliance requirements for new engagements and contracts are met fully and exceptions reported.
Skills, attributes, experience and education
Essential skills & attributes:
- Has the competencies to perform the Finance role effectively
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as basic presentation skills
- Affinity to work with quantitative data, good analytics
- Organisational talent: Ability to work within a fast-paced & unstructured environment.
- Must be able to multi-task and effectively and continually prioritise
- Service-orientated attitude, proactive thinker, networker, information seeker, team player
- Excellent time management, communication and organisational skills
- Extensive knowledge of relevant computer software (e.g., Microsoft Office), Excel, PowerPoint and Lotus Notes
- Willingness and interest to frequently interact with and reach out to Partners, Principals and the team and to engage in limited travel for team meetings, training, etc.
- Ability to interact efficiently with senior members of the firm across multiple time zones
Desirable skills / experience:
- 4-5 years relevant experience
- Background in finance or accounting preferred
- Experience in Finance preferred
- Understanding of the Firm's marketing and business development and the Firm's Service Offerings
- Masters / Bachelors (Finance)
About the Company
At PwC Middle East, we’ve set out an ambitious purpose and strive to live it everyday: to solve important problems and build trust in society.
We’re a community of solvers that come together in unexpected ways to build trust and create sustained outcomes. We solve important problems, support one another as we grow, develop and build fulfilling careers.
PwC provides industry-focused services for public and private clients across Assurance and Audit, Deals, Consulting, Tax and Legal. We draw on our development legacy that brings together the collective experience of over 7,000 people in our region with offices across 12 countries to solve for tomorrow.
We’re striving to consistently deliver innovative work that builds trust and delivers sustained outcomes. And we’re proud of the strength that comes from all our diﬀerent backgrounds and experiences and we value everyone’s uniqueness. We thrive in uncertainty, operate with integrity and leverage the diverse perspectives of our teams.
If you’re looking for a place that fuels your ambition to make a difference, that matches your curiosity with continuous learning opportunities and reimagines ways of working to enable you to lead a more balanced life, then you’re a future PwCer.