Job description / Role
The Finance & Tax Manager is responsible for the daily, monthly, quarterly, half-year and year-end corporate accounting and tax compliance & reporting processes as well as for local treasury/banking/payment operations. S/he is accountable for production of accurate, timely and consistent monthly accounts, quarterly forecast, annual budget, management reports, annual/semi-annual financial statements and other reports for assigned entities in close collaboration with local accounting and tax services providers.
The successful candidate is responsible for CIT and VAT tax compliance by ensuring accurate and timely submission of tax returns and resolving any related tax audit matters; for tax transparency reports by ensuring quality and consistency of the timely and accurate information to be filed in these reports; and for tax reporting by assisting with monthly tax consolidation for Corporate entities.
S/he is also responsible for setting up local treasury/banking/payment operations per company policies & procedures to timely and efficiently support local company operational requirements.
Responsibilities (ensure that all reports are accurate, timely and consistent):
• Supervise accounting and tax services providers to ensure timely, complete and accurate collection, processing and analysis of data for preparation of monthly accounts, account reconciliations and monthly Management reporting, monitoring VAT, cash flow monitoring, preparation of technical accounting papers and analysis, and assisting reporting team to meet the deadlines and deliverables.
• Prepare statutory accounts under local GAAP, IFRS, including cash flow preparation and annual impairment accounting review.
• Collaborate with external auditors to ensure successful audit results and compliance.
• Prepare monthly reports such as Management report, reports as per Group reporting requirements, 12-week cash forecast, weekly aging reports, weekly payments plan, quarterly and annual department cost reports and analysis to facilitate cost monitoring and control.
• Prepare reports for submission to governmental and statistical agencies and others.
• Prepare quarterly forecasts, annual budget, cash flow forecasts and other monthly report submissions to the Group Financial Planning & Analysis and Treasury teams.
• Lead the day-to-day management and delivery of ad hoc projects and initiatives, including the setup of accounting, reporting, tax compliance and other systems, and analysis of technical accounting issues.
• Prepare the documentation of local accounting policies and procedures, and continuously pursue value-adding process improvements.
• Manage the direct and indirect tax compliance matters (CIT, TP, VAT, WHT, etc.).
• Ensure that local tax compliance matters are properly analyzed, supported, and documented.
• Assist with external financial auditors’ review of income taxes.
• Liaise with the various internal departments (e.g. Legal, Treasury, Finance, Strategic Planning, etc.).
• Manage relationships and engagements with external tax advisors.
• Prepare the Group’s Country-by-Country report and other required tax-related corporate reports, including consistency checks.
• Assist with monthly tax consolidation of and reporting on the Group Accounts for Corporate entities.
• Set up and manage local treasury/banking/payment operations per company policies & procedures to timely and efficiently support local company operational requirements.
• At least 4 years of accounting, audit and tax experience in a wide variety of skills.
• Qualified Accountant – professional certification (local, ACCA or CIMA or equivalent)
• Strong IFRS and systems knowledge, IFRS trainings for tax accountants
• Understanding of tax accounting and tax compliance matters (CIT, TP, VAT, WHT, etc.)
• Knowledge and experience of preparing and filing CIT and VAT returns
• Strong Excel/modelling skills
• Ability to write accounting & tax technical memos
• Fluent English
About the Company
Eurasian Resources Group (ERG) is a leading diversified natural resources group with integrated mining, processing, energy, logistics and marketing operations. It operates in 15 countries on four continents and is represented by more than 85,000 people, which makes the Group one of the largest employers in the global industry.