Financial Analyst IT
A Leading Technology Management Consultancy in the UAE
Job description / Role
We are recruiting on behalf of our client, a leading Telco operator in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
The role falls within a unit that is responsible for collecting and consolidating the associated costs of all proposed IT investments and projects within Strategic Financial Planning Department (SFP) for the technology and operations area and the financial implications of those IT investments in order to validate, report and assess efficiencies of technology investments with all financial benefits calculations, feeding into the planning and budgeting cycle. Moreover, the unit is tasked with ensuring that T&O sector costs and cost structures are optimized with minimum financial redundancies.
• Support on strategic business plan coordination, consolidation and update yearly budget plans as a portfolio analyst in the Technology and Operations departments in coordination with functional units.
• Provide critical assessment of all budgets and cost projections.
• Planning, Studying, and collecting data to determine costs of the projects of the IT areas.
• Provide planning and cost controlling support for sector projects which includes variation reporting, monitoring of milestone progress to track spending and savings.
• Provide information about cost savings initiatives, policies and guidelines to streamline cost optimization and efficiency within SFP.
• Provide cost control and planning advice to the Head of IT Analytics on a regular basis.
• Respond to periodically upcoming special requests on IT topics within the SFP department.
• Engage with various stakeholders within SFP and externally (e.g. sectors and business units) to identify cost optimization potentials.
• Steer cost savings initiatives and align them with the respective IT areas to contribute to the overall financial envelopes.
• Provide cost accounting capabilities.
• Support the Lead of Financial Analytics IT Cost Control team.
• Support in data collection, analysis and reporting on all IT analytics departments.
• Supervise the development of costing reports and analyses.
• Undertake any other ad-hoc duties as required.
• 3 – 5 years of functional analyst experience in IT software development organisations.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Finance or a business related field.
• MBA or Master’s degree in Finance and Accounting or a business related field (preferred).
• Certificates such as CFA and CMA preferred.
• Experience in the telecommunications sector.
• Experience in financial planning and budgeting roles.
• Expert knowledge of budgeting and financial modelling tools, systems and processes, preferably within the telecommunications sector.
• Experience in modelling and reviewing cost models and tools.
• Strong technical costing and investment background in IT projects.
• Project management skills to collaborate with other units and assess efficiencies.
• Advanced analytical abilities.
• Advanced skills in financial and business analysis and financial modelling.
• Knowledge of Telco business model, technology, products and services.
• Expert written and verbal communication skills in English and Arabic (would be a plus).
• Project management and/or Cost control related experience is preferred.
About the Company
A leading technology management consultancy in the UAE.