Job description / Role
Job Description and Qualifications
• The Manager of Finance & Controller, Middle East, India, Egypt and Turkey is responsible for financial decision support to our Industrial Gases businesses in those regions (hereafter referred to “MEIET IG”). This individual directly supports two regional Presidents (one for the Middle East and one for India) and is an active member of the respective leadership teams. In addition, this role is a key point of contact for a number of large JV’s across the region.
This position is accountable for the following end results:
• Regularly monitor and interpret financial statements of the MEIET IG businesses to increase understanding and provide insight into drivers of our performance.
• Play an active “assistant general manager” role by identifying trends and opportunities for performance, controlling risks and assisting in the implementation of action plans.
• Also, work closely with the Controller IG EMEAI to provide insight and commentary in support of Investor Relations activities as they communicate to the external investment community.
• Work closely with Joint Venture partners to develop meaningful operational analysis to support the decision making process and help drive profitability. Also, working closely with our JV partners and AP stakeholders on new business expansions and set-up.
• Support the business in pursuit of new investment opportunities by being an active member of the bid team and by providing timely and accurate financial analysis, ensuring compliance with approved AP analysis techniques.
• Provide leadership for the conduct of project and operational analysis including capital investment, pricing, cost, productivity and profitability analyses.
• Organize and review the annual operating plan, capital budgets, forecasts and strategic plans.
• Governance and oversight of local legal entities (currently 14 in total)
Knowledge and experience required:
• Bachelor’s degree and/or financial qualification (ACCA/CIMA)
• Prior experience of working in a large multinational/global company
• Experience from manufacturing/industrial segment is preferable
• Strong history of business partnering
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Good systems knowledge (SAP, Analysis/BW) coupled with excellent Office skills
• High degree of initiative, ability to learn and efficiently manage multiple tasks
• Ability to work effectively under pressure in a challenging fast paced environment
• Strong communication skills and the ability to interact and communicate with all levels within the organization including senior management and other functions
• Languages: Arabic and English
About the Company
Air Products touches the lives of consumers around the globe in positive ways every day. With approximately 16,000 employees and operations in 50 countries, we serve customers across a wide range of industries, including refining, chemical, metals, electronics, manufacturing, and food and beverage. We supply a unique portfolio of atmospheric and process gases, equipment and services.
Founded in 1940, Air Products has built a reputation for its innovative culture, operational excellence and commitment to safety and the environment. Our passionate, talented and committed employees from diverse backgrounds are driven by Air Products’ higher purpose to create innovative solutions that benefit the environment, enhance sustainability and address the challenges facing customers, communities and the world.
Regional Finance Controller
Big Fish Recruitment
Financial Controller (Finance Manager)
A Leading Telecommunications Company In Saudi Arabia
Big Fish Recruitment
Assistant Finance Manager