Job description / Role
We are Chalhoub Group, a leading family business in the world of beauty, fashion and gifts. We have blended our Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury to offer service excellence to all our partners and a unique experience to all our customers for over 60 years
As we continue to grow, it's our vision to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
Our passionate teams drive our vision forward, without them, we couldn't create luxury experiences for our customers. Through opportunities, development and support, we empower each and every employee to achieve their career goals - and beyond. It's an exciting journey we're on, and one you could be part of.
What we are looking for - Financial Controller KSA
We are seeking a finance expert from either the fashion, beauty or luxury industry who can support our business with monthly financial reporting and control cycle of our different business units.
You will oversee balance sheets and cash flow management and support the Finance Manager through analysis of performance and control.
What you will do:
Financial Planning & Controlling
- Drive the budget and revision processes by coordinating with other departments on information requirements
- Refine management reporting to incorporate and evaluate required key performance indicators and follow business profitability
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual budgets, financial forecasts, core financial planning and analysis, proposal rates, profit plans and schedules
- Provide detailed monthly operating results and analysis of cost and analyse main variances
- Anticipate financial problems and recommend action plans for budget control.
- Assist the Finance Manager in ensuring operational areas are managed efficiently, expenses are on target with projections, companies are operating within budget and Group internal control procedures are implemented
- Develop and interpret statistical and accounting information to appraise operating results
- Assist in establishing primary economic objectives and policies for the company and prepare reports that outline the company's financial position in the areas of income, expenses, and earnings based on past, present and future operations.
- Recommend benchmarks for measuring the financial and operating performance of divisions
- Oversee, Compile and analyse daily operations and financial information of the finance department.
- Prepare and review weekly financial forecasts and long-range financial plans.
- Direct the monthly, quarterly and year-end close activities to ensure compliance with corporate timelines.
- Act as finance advisory and make recommendations to allow the business to make informed strategic, managerial and operational decisions.
- Ensure all financial records are kept accurate and in line with legislative requirements
- Prepare and submit monthly and quarterly reporting:
- EV (monthly simplified P&L and balance sheet)
- Magnitude (detailed quarterly P&L and balance sheet)
- Manage the preparation of the official annual report of actual revenues, transfers, and expenses.
- Study the strategic activity flows and create the appropriate reporting and monitoring systems
- Ensure reporting function flow is smooth and in compliance with the statutory requirements and regulations.
- Assist the Finance Manager in the definition, preparation and implementation of new Joint-Ventures, providing local support when needed
- Prepare financial viability analysis and project evaluation for contract negotiations and product investment decisions and develop appropriate strategies.
- Manage, plan and direct annual audit and related matters and provide recommendations for procedural improvements.
- Liaise with internal and external auditors ensuring audits are handled effectively.
- Ensure audits comply with brand standards, gaming board regulations, internal controls, and internal policies and procedures.
What you need to succeed in this role:
- Minimum 8 years of relevant experience
- You will have a Professional Financial qualification; MBA is a plus
Ready to join our exciting transformation to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of our customers everywhere? Now's your chance.
What we can offer you
We will help shape your journey with us through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, life insurance, child education contribution & exclusive employee discounts. If you are changing countries to join us, we will provide you with relocation allowance and help you settle into accommodation during the first few months.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.