Job description / Role
We are looking for an experienced Financial Controller to undertake all aspects of financial management, including financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, as well as development of internal control policies and procedures. Finance Controller responsibilities will also include financial risk management.
- To coordinate an effective and efficient Payroll Management / Resource allocation through establishing a flexible work force throughout the Division, based on the principles of Multi Skilling and Multi-Tasking.
- To implement a flexible employee base, with the right mix of Full Time employees.
- To allocate employees over the Division based on established business levels for that day.
- To represent the Accounting & Finance Division on the hotel's Executive Committee.
- To support staff needs in other Divisions based on the hotel priorities and anticipated business levels.
- To be demanding and critical when it comes to departmental standards.
- To maintain complete and supported accounting records of the hotel as per Novotel Policies & Procedures.
- To prepare, to supervise, to scrutinize and to approve monthly journal entries, balance sheet and income statement.
- To prepare and to interpret the financial statements and reports of the hotel.
- To submit monthly reporting package on a timely basis.
- To audit the accounts, records and transactions of the hotel, aided by the ongoing efforts to streamline internal control procedures.
- To review the monthly bank reconciliation statements.
- To scrutinize the monthly financial reports, to investigate unusual variations and to prepare comments to be attached to the report.
- To verify the prepaid expenses, deferred charges are up-to-date and in agreement with the books.
- To administer and to control cash management; this includes investing in time deposits in banks approved by Regional Office and the Owning Company or transferring excess funds to Owning Company whenever necessary.
- To assist the General Manager and Heads of Department in the compilation forecasts covering all activities of the hotel.
- To assist the General Manager in the compilation of Business Plan.
- To assist General Manager in the preparation of Capital Expenditure Authorization Request.
- To ensure that each section of the Accounting & Finance Department is managed efficiently, maximizing utilization of Technology.
- To ensure that the physical inventories of all supplies and operating equipment are being taken on a monthly and a quarterly basis respectively.
- To implement all necessary control in order to safeguard the assets of the hotel and to maintain records for the fixed assets, operating equipment, supplies and inventories.
- To review the reports compiled by Cost Controller and to liaise with the Purchasing Manager to ensure proper procedures and control of inventories.
- To know all terms and conditions of the management agreement and ensure that they are adhered to.
- To monitor requirements set out in management agreement checklist.
- To keep and to safeguard all contracts, leases, insurance policies and all legal and financial documents.
- To liaise with ACCOR and hotel appointed legal consultants for all legal matters.
- To administer the Information Technology Department and to ensure that the hotel computer system and its software are fully utilized, well safeguarded, properly maintained and all licenses are up to date.
- To administer credit and collection procedures that has been established in accordance of the regional offices.
- To liaise with both internal and external auditors in compliance with the hotel requirements.
- To approve all disbursement vouchers, expenses claims after ascertaining that all necessary documents are attached, processed and certified for receipt of merchandises or services both in quality, quantity and prices.
- To verify the distribution of charges and to ascertain the availability of funds for such disbursements.
- To approve all purchases in view of availability of funds, necessity and the budget.
- To receive daily the receipts of bank deposits and to verify against General Cashier's Summary of Receipts.
- To ascertain the daily receipts are deposited on the next succeeding banking day.
- To review surprise cash count of General Cashier's fund and other house banks and to report to the General Manager in case of great difference.
- To satisfy that Accounts Receivable activities and to ensure that the monthly trial balance of accounts are correctly aged and the totals are in agreement with the controlling balance.
- To review the city ledger accounts with AP Supervisor and Credit Manager.
- Proven working experience in hospitality industry.
- 10+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience.
- Advanced degree in Accounting.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures.
- Experience with creating financial statements.
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process.
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Senior Finance Manager
Head of Finance
Big Fish Recruitment
Finance Manager - Large Private Estate
Hill Robinson Yacht Management
|Saudi Arabia||23 Aug|
Irwin & Dow