Job description / Role
Detecon is the leading, globally operating technology management consulting company with headquarters in Germany, which has been combining classic management consulting with high technological competence for over 40 years.
The focus of its activities is on digital transformation: Detecon supports companies from all areas of business to adapt their business models and operational processes to the competitive conditions and customer requirements of the digitalized, globalized economy with state-of-the-art communication and information technology. Detecon's expertise bundles the knowledge from the successful conclusion of management and ICT consulting projects in over 160 countries.
Detecon is a subsidiary of T-Systems International, one of the world's leading vendor independent providers of digital services and subsidiary of Deutsche Telekom.
Detecon is looking to strengthen the Middle East team with experienced consultants – on a temporary basis (till March 2021, with a prospect of extension) - in the area of financial planning in the telecommunications industry.
• The position is scoped as a Tier 1 Telco / Consulting role. Pure vendor / supplier experience will NOT be sufficient
• A technology background is preferred with exposure to finance throughout the career. Financial background with high or mid-level understanding of technologies is insufficient for this role
• Work with other technology experts to develop qualitative and quantitative technology strategies (network and IT), with a focus on the financial aspects of said strategies
• Elaborate business and cost cases for at least one of these technology domains: Analytics and cyber Security, Core networks, Cloud and Virtualization, mobile access, fixed access & transport in close association with domain subject matter experts
• Define a clear set of assumptions for the financial analyses (including technical parameters and detailed technology assumptions) and mechanisms (e.g. rationale of network design)
• Assess the financial viability (CAPEX, OPEX, profitability, NPV, etc.) for multiple scenarios in the mentioned domains
• Provide forecasts of Capex impact on cash aligned to Financial Planning Cycle
• Understand and comment on key drivers of Capex/ Opex spend
• Lead monthly report of Capex impact on actual vs. forecast in coordination on the Technology side with Finance
• Create and own reporting on internal Capex & Opex KPIs (e.g. Capex as % of revenue)
• Challenge Project Managers to provide explanations of budget variances identified
• Coordinate with CAPEX sponsors and budget owners in relation to Cost Efficiency Programs
• Deal with ad-hoc requests, especially management requests for input on topic of finance and technology, and supporting in the development of cost models
• Bachelor’s Degree in Telecommunication Engineering or Information Technology (preferred)
• Master’s degree in Telecommunication Engineering or Information Technology (preferred)
• 10+ years of combined relevant experience
• Extensive experience in telecommunications sector technologies such as fixed, transport, mobile, cloud, IT, Analytics, security from a strategic and architectural point of view
• Deep understanding of and experience in at least one of the following areas:
- Analytics and Cyber Security
- Core networks, Cloud & Virtualization
- IT & Applications
- Mobile Access
- Fixed Access and Transport
• Expert in business case creation and financial analysis, including KPIs such as NPV, IRR, ROI, Payback periods, etc.
• Strong analytical skills on assessing financial returns, Capex & Opex impact on cash forecasts & tracking
• Experience in the development of Capex/ Opex budgets and analysis of budget request business casing, process, governance and tool
• Ability to scrutinize budget requests from respective departments based on financials but and logic and technical design and planning used for such requests
• Strong presentation and presentation development skill set
• A clear and concise communicator work both verbally and with written material
• Strong leadership skills , someone who can drive and motivate the team
• Excellent English skills
About the Company
A leading technology management consultancy in the UAE.
Big Fish Recruitment
|Saudi Arabia||4 Jun|
Zimmo Trading Company
Project Finance Manager
One of the Largest Construction Claims Consulting Firms
|Saudi Arabia||7 Jun|