Financial Risk & Regulatory Advisory - Regulatory Strategy - Assistant
Deloitte & Touche (M.E.)
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Job description / Role
Risk Advisory | Financial Risk & Regulatory Advisory - Regulatory Strategy - Assistant Manager
When you work for us, you commit to a career at one of the largest and most prestigious professional services firms in the world. Looking for a rewarding career? Take a closer look at Deloitte & Touche ME. It has received numerous awards in the last few years which include Best Employer in the Middle East, best consulting firm, and the Middle East Training & Development Excellence Award by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW).
A career in Risk Advisory is all about the challenge of helping our clients manage risk and uncertainty, from the boardroom to the network. The spectrum of risk is broad, and our core competencies encompass control assurance, internal audit, corporate governance consulting, risk management, regulatory consulting, and IT security services. To be a Risk Advisory professional with Deloitte & Touche Middle East means you will gain a wealth of experience across a wide spectrum of industries. Diversity is not just a part of the business landscape in the region but also an integral part of Deloitte & Touche Middle East. Just as we are committed to seeing our clients excel, we are committed to providing you with the right environment to learn and grow and to tailor a career to your needs.
Deloitte makes an impact that matters. Every day we challenge ourselves to do what matters most- for clients, for our people, and for society. We serve clients distinctively, bringing innovative insights, solving complex challenges and unlocking sustainable growth. We inspire our talented professionals to deliver outstanding value to clients, providing an exceptional career experience and an inclusive and collaborative culture. We contribute to society, building confidence and trust in the markets, upholding the integrity of organizations and supporting our communities.
Our shared values guide the way we behave to make a positive, enduring impact:
- Lead the way
- Serve with integrity
- Take care of each other
- Foster inclusion
- Collaborate for measurable impact
During your tenure as a Assistant Manager in Regulatory Strategy, you will demonstrate and develop your capabilities in the following areas:
- Develop/refine regulations for open banking and digital banking
- Regulation and supervision of credit rating agencies/credit ratings
- Develop rules on licensing/passporting/equivalence
- ESG - Environmental, Social, and Governance
- Capital adequacy requirements
- Payment systems
- Branch office requirements /virtual banking (management presence)
- Develop regulations and rules for technology and platforms for users of FinTech, RegTech, Innovation-including use of AI
- Address containment of systemic risk/contagion for regulated entities
- Professional Services - review and refinement
- Ultra-High Net Worth Individuals (UHNWI), including the related 'Privacy Laws, treatment of Assets (such as art collections), Tax and trust laws
- Develop reporting and penalties in case of breach of regulatory requirements
- Exit from the market and resolution
- MOUs, engagement with Regulators with the same or other jurisdictions and elsewhere also international standard setting bodies
- Consumer Education
- Retail customer compensation scheme and consumer protection
- Consider the regulation of financial groups
- User consultation
- Regulated Activities Order
- Stress test
- Builds own understanding of our purpose and values; explores opportunities for impact
- Demonstrates strong commitment to personal learning and development; acts as a brand ambassador to help attract top talent
- Understands expectations and demonstrates personal accountability for keeping performance on track
- Actively focuses on developing effective communication and relationship-building skills
- Understands how their daily work contributes to the priorities of the team and the business
- 8+ years of relevant consulting or industry experience
- An advanced degree in the area of specialization
- A willingness to travel 80 - 100% of the time
- Business development experience and high comfort level meeting with and presenting to CxO and VP levels
- Demonstrated experience in business process improvement, leveraging Human Capital Transformation
- Competencies required in one or more of the following areas: Organization Design, Talent Management or Human Resources Transformation
- Experience managing large, complex projects within a consulting environment, with a vendor or within an enterprise IT team
- Understanding of Liquidity Risk Indicators, Stress Modelling, understanding of IFRS9, Basel II and III
About the Company
Deloitte is the world's largest and leading professional services firm, providing audit & assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory and tax and services to public and private clients spanning multiple industries, whether they are in the energy, communications, oil and gas, financial services, family businesses, healthcare, public or education sectors among others.
With a globally connected network of member firms in more than 150 countries and territories, Deloitte brings world-class capabilities and high-quality service to clients, delivering the insights they need to address their most complex business challenges. Deloitte's more than 250,000 professionals are committed to becoming the standard of excellence.
Deloitte & Touche (M.E.) is a member firm of Deloitte globally and is the first Arab professional services firm established in the Middle East region Deloitte & Touche (M.E.) is a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited (DTTL) and is a leading professional services firm established in the Middle East region with uninterrupted presence since 1926 with 26 offices in 15 countries to date. What distinguishes Deloitte member firms in the Middle East is the global and regional expertise and know-how offered through specialized and highly knowledgeable talent. Deloitte aims to offer the best services to its clients through a team with more than 3,300 partners, directors and staff in the Middle East which guarantees effective communication with clients and a deeper understanding of their needs. It is a Tier 1 Tax advisor in the GCC region since 2010 (according to the International Tax Review World Tax Rankings). It has also received numerous awards in the last few years which include best employer in the Middle East, best consulting firm, the Middle East Training & Development Excellence Award by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW), as well as the best CSR integrated organization.
Deloitte drives progress. Our practices around the Middle East support clients become leaders wherever they choose to compete. We invest in outstanding people of diverse talents and backgrounds and empower them to achieve more than they could elsewhere. Our work combines advice with action and integrity. We believe that when our clients and society are stronger, so are we.
Deloitte makes an impact that matters. Every day we challenge ourselves to do what matters most-for clients, for our people, and for society. We serve clients distinctively, bringing innovative insights, solving complex challenges and unlocking sustainable growth. We inspire our talented professionals to deliver outstanding value to clients, providing an exceptional career experience and an inclusive and collaborative culture. We contribute to society, building confidence and trust in the markets, upholding the integrity of organizations and supporting our communities.
Our shared values guide the way we behave to make a positive, enduring impact:
- Outstanding value to markets and clients
- Commitment to each other
- Strength from cultural diversity