Job description / Role
Fire & Life Safety Engineer required for major international contractor in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
POSITION DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide engineering coordination on F&LS engineering aspects;
• Engage with and provide engineering support to JV’s designers and works contractors on F&LS matters such that timely GDCD approvals are secured;
• Facilitate & support timely approvals the Project’s C-ISA and the Employer’s E-ISA;
• Develop emergency strategies & plans covering metro emergency response, fire fighting and evacuation;
• Liaise with Transit Systems on ensuring that the JV’s designs and works are coordinated from a F&LS perspective;
• Support other internal/external Stakeholders such that timely approvals are secured;
• Ensure that Engineering/Procurement/Construction/Commissioning along with contractual, procedural compliance is maintained in respect of F&LS matters;
• Prepare and support the production of Project guidelines, procedures and plans that set out robust F&LS processes that ensure that the delivered designs and construction works are consistent with the companies requirements;
• Liaise with the JV System Safety team ensuring that requirements are maintained such that timely safety hazard analysis (HAZIDs) and safety risk assessments are held in support of the developing F&LS designs and works;
• Review and comment on JV’s subcontractor F&LS plans, designs and reports and implementation submissions for compliance to Employer’s requirements in particular NFPA 130 and other Saudi Codes and Standards. This also covers F&LS Inspection & Test Plans;
• Support regular meetings / tracking completion of agreed actions with in house teams, subcontractors and stakeholders regarding F&LS matters;
• Support factory and site inspections to ensure that the JV’s subcontracted material and equipment suppliers along with installers are compliant with the JV’s and F&LS Contract requirements;
• Liaison with the Bechtel Infrastructure Functional Team in regard of F&LS functional matters.
SAR 25,000 to 50,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
JOB KNOWLEDGE, QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• The F&LS Engineer will be a professional in the field of F&LS engineering with experience in the design, construction and testing / commissioning phases of modern fire protection systems;
• Diploma/Degree in engineering or related field;
• Desirable University degree in Engineering or equivalent;
• Desirable Membership of relevant institution;
• Fluent in spoken and written Arabic is desirable;
• High standard of written and spoken English;
• Experience in working in multicultural environment involving various programme/project consortia, vendors and contractors;
• Extensive knowledge of Middle Eastern F&LS practices in particular liaison with Civil Defense and approving authorities;
• Good working knowledge of the US National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) standards, in particular NFPA130 and all related and sub referenced F&LS standards. In addition, familiar with the Saudi Building Codes as they relate to the CWJV RMP works.
• Proven experience in the development of strategies and outline building and metro emergency planning including fire fighting and evacuation plans;
• Good knowledge of civil and Mechanical / Electrical works such as surface and subsurface structures e.g. stations, tunnels, viaducts etc. In addition, F&LS related systems; mechanical, electrical, plumbing, occupancies and fire protection systems and practices;
About the Company
QS Quest Ltd are a niche Middle East Recruitment Consultancy, specialising in the Construction & Engineering Industry.
As a company we cover the full A-Z spectrum of the search and selection process, identifying key staff for our clients across the region. Having been providing recruitment services for over 12 years and with our detailed understanding of recruitment in the Middle East, for years our services have been retained by many leading Construction & Engineering organisations.
QS Quest Ltd have had the privilege of working with many international & local organisations, and have successfully provided professional manpower services for some of the regions most recognised projects. With our unrivalled work ethic and dedication to our service, we will continue to identify top Construction & Engineering talent for our Middle East clients.
Geographical Areas covered by QS Quest Ltd QS Quest Ltd provide recruitment services to the following Middle East Countries: Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, UAE, Bahrain, Oman & Iran We have also identified candidates for Iraq, Jordan and Lebanon. Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, UAE, Bahrain, Oman.
Fire & Life Safety Engineer
Energi Recruitment Services
MEP Project Engineer
|Abu Dhabi||17 Dec|
|Saudi Arabia||14 Dec|
Senior Mechanical Engineer (Site Supervision)
Engineering Consortium Consulting Engineers
UPDA Mechanical Engineer