Job description / Role
Fire & Life Safety Engineer required for major international contractor in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
POSITION DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide engineering coordination on F&LS engineering aspects;
• Engage with and provide engineering support to JV’s designers and works contractors on F&LS matters such that timely GDCD approvals are secured;
• Facilitate & support timely approvals the Project’s C-ISA and the Employer’s E-ISA;
• Develop emergency strategies & plans covering metro emergency response, fire fighting and evacuation;
• Liaise with Transit Systems on ensuring that the JV’s designs and works are coordinated from a F&LS perspective;
• Support other internal/external Stakeholders such that timely approvals are secured;
• Ensure that Engineering/Procurement/Construction/Commissioning along with contractual, procedural compliance is maintained in respect of F&LS matters;
• Prepare and support the production of Project guidelines, procedures and plans that set out robust F&LS processes that ensure that the delivered designs and construction works are consistent with the companies requirements;
• Liaise with the JV System Safety team ensuring that requirements are maintained such that timely safety hazard analysis (HAZIDs) and safety risk assessments are held in support of the developing F&LS designs and works;
• Review and comment on JV’s subcontractor F&LS plans, designs and reports and implementation submissions for compliance to Employer’s requirements in particular NFPA 130 and other Saudi Codes and Standards. This also covers F&LS Inspection & Test Plans;
• Support regular meetings / tracking completion of agreed actions with in house teams, subcontractors and stakeholders regarding F&LS matters;
• Support factory and site inspections to ensure that the JV’s subcontracted material and equipment suppliers along with installers are compliant with the JV’s and F&LS Contract requirements;
• Liaison with the Bechtel Infrastructure Functional Team in regard of F&LS functional matters.
SAR 25,000 to 50,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
JOB KNOWLEDGE, QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• The F&LS Engineer will be a professional in the field of F&LS engineering with experience in the design, construction and testing / commissioning phases of modern fire protection systems;
• Diploma/Degree in engineering or related field;
• Desirable University degree in Engineering or equivalent;
• Desirable Membership of relevant institution;
• Fluent in spoken and written Arabic is desirable;
• High standard of written and spoken English;
• Experience in working in multicultural environment involving various programme/project consortia, vendors and contractors;
• Extensive knowledge of Middle Eastern F&LS practices in particular liaison with Civil Defense and approving authorities;
• Good working knowledge of the US National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) standards, in particular NFPA130 and all related and sub referenced F&LS standards. In addition, familiar with the Saudi Building Codes as they relate to the CWJV RMP works.
• Proven experience in the development of strategies and outline building and metro emergency planning including fire fighting and evacuation plans;
• Good knowledge of civil and Mechanical / Electrical works such as surface and subsurface structures e.g. stations, tunnels, viaducts etc. In addition, F&LS related systems; mechanical, electrical, plumbing, occupancies and fire protection systems and practices;
About the Company
QS Quest Ltd - Your Middle East Recruitment Partner
QS Quest Ltd are a niche Recruitment Consultancy specialising in the placement of Construction & Engineering professionals into the Middle East. We deliver end to end recruitment for both client and candidate, with the ability to identify key Construction & Engineering professionals from all nationalities.
With a detailed knowledge of the local Middle East market, we have a proven track record of sourcing and delivering key staff for some of the regions most recognised Construction & Engineering projects.
Geographical areas covered are: Saudi Arabia, Qatar, UAE, Kuwait, Oman. Bahrain and Iran.