Job description / Role
Make a difference every day
The Job Opportunity
Responds to aircraft and structural fires and other emergencies and performs various fire/rescue duties.
- Responds to actual or potential fire emergencies to prevent or extinguish fires and rescue aircraft crew and passengers.
- Responds to structural fires, including Airport buildings, facilities, fuel farms, petroleum products storage areas, and any other area of the airport and combat fires and potential fire hazards.
- Applies foam on fuel spills to minimize danger of aircraft fire or explosion.
- Participates in removal of trapped or injured aircraft crew and passengers, using forcible entry power tools; performs rescue operations by using equipment such as breathing apparatus, blowers, protective clothing, and ladders to gain access to accident victims.
- Assists in evacuation of accident victims to safe location for further treatment/assessment acting on instructions of paramedics regarding handling of victims where possible.
- Operates turrets, hoses, and nozzles to suppress fire.
- Regularly checks all mechanical, hydraulic, and powered entry tools for proper operation.
What we are looking for in our candidates:
- Experience of working in fire rescue services for five (5) years'
- Work in a category six (6) or above airport
- Good English communication skills
- Qualified in NFPA 1001 - Firefighter I and II
- Qualified in NFPA 1003 - Airport Firefighter
- Qualified in NFPA 1002 - Fire Apparatus, Driver/Operator
- Qualified in NFPA 472 - Hazardous Materials
- With First Responder Operational level certification
Working with Serco
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has important role to play.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Take pride in what you do
Serco is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities and is committed to ensuring the safety of all of its employees through its Zero Harm initiative.
About the Company
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos.
Serco customers are looking for expertise in managing their people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise economic decision makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver quality services directly to the public.
Serco supplies to governments, government enterprise, agencies and companies who seek a trusted outsourcing partner with a solid track-record of service excellence. Serco people offer operational, logistical and technical expertise in the Transport, Justice and Immigration, Defence, Education and Healthcare industries as well as in the commercial sectors of Facilities Management.
Serco Middle East have been in the Region since 1947, starting out delivering Air Traffic Control Services in Bahrain; a service we are proudly still running today and have expanded to include many other Airports in the region.
We have expanded significantly since that time across the UAE, Saudi Arabia and Qatar. We have been supporting the RTA to operate the Dubai Metro since 2009, are preparing to launch the flagship Saudi Arabia Passenger Rail service from Riyadh to Qassim in 2016. We deliver Facility Management services to both Cleveland Clinic and Healthpoint Hospitals in Abu Dhabi, large-scale medical facilities in Saudi Arabia and a range of educational and commercial properties in the UAE. We also deliver postgraduate education to Officers in the Qatar Armed Forces through the Joaan Bin Jassim Joint Command and Staff College in Doha.
Focusing on our core values, and creating a positive environment for employees to thrive, we look forward to a bright future as we continue to grow with the region.