Job description / Role
Fixed Asset Inventory Manager
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, every guest interaction is an opportunity to create a lasting memory. Your leadership as Fixed Asset Inventory Manager will inspire your team to be brand ambassadors. You will assume ownership of asset accounting function and ensure accurate accounting of company's capital assets through asset life cycle management .
Hotel Overview: Makkah Clock Royal Tower, A Fairmont Hotel, is located only a few steps away from the Masjid Al Haram and the Holy Ka'aba. This 76-story hotel, one of the world's tallest, is the focal point of the Abraj Al Bait Complex, part of the King Abdul Aziz Endowment Project, is the iconic symbol of hospitality in the Holy City. The hotel authentic hospitality is seen throughout 1618 guest rooms and suites are thoughtfully and elegantly appointed-with extravagant amenities and five-star services that allow for peaceful reflection and repose .
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to Director, Finance & Business Support, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- You will assume ownership of asset accounting function and ensure accurate accounting of company's capital assets through asset life cycle management (record, depreciate, report, track, report, and dispose) including appropriate classification, useful life, and method of depreciation.
- Manage and provide guidance over fixed assets accounting, controls, and related projects, with a particular focus on assets related data center initiatives.
- Research accounting implications from changes in fixed assets areas, stay up-to-date on changes in industry trends and use them to inform internal decisions.
- Anticipate business needs to move fast by surfacing feedback ahead of time to help formulate, prioritize accounting and finance operation requirements and develop processes accordingly.
- Reach conclusions with an adequate level of rationale and documentation for review and then communicate and present the accounting conclusions to the team.
- Lead, motivate and develop a team of accounting professionals to grow their career by enhancing processes.
- Work cross-functionally and partner with procurement team, internal accounting team, technical accounting, and systems team in order to support new business initiatives by understanding context, providing ideas and insights, creating processes that scale, and providing accounting guidance as needed.
- Understand how systems work to drive improvements and automation where possible. Be a team lead to implement IT solutions in the subject areas.
- Review asset account reconciliations and analysis at varying levels of complexity and materiality to ensure completeness and accuracy and resolve account discrepancies on a timely basis.
- Monitor and report on the activity in the CIP (construction in progress) account, including new construction and expansion projects, and ensures the timely capitalization of such activity.
- Lead and coordinate periodic physical inventory and ensure the system records are updated accordingly.
- Assist with developing and documenting asset accounting processes including asset disposition procedure and develop and monitor system of controls and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with Company's SOX and internal control processes and communicate and train individuals.
- Undergraduate Degree in Finance/Accounting (or equivalent experience) with 5+ years' experience.
- Experience in Fixed Assets accounting with 3+ years of leadership experience.
- Demonstrated experience automating processes and activities, including data center asset management.
- Good Microsoft Office skills (Excel/PowerPoint/Word/Outlook) required.
- Working experience with and knowledge of accounting software systems (preferably SAP) as well as asset management database tools.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to multi-task.
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.