Job description / Role
• Develop review and maintain the specific technology strategy within Fixed Access ( fiber & coper ) domain
• Develop initiatives and plans for the execution of the fixed domain strategy
• Ensure fixed domain strategy aligns to the corporate level strategy and overarching technology strategy
• Manage the competitive intelligence gathering process for fixed access
• Conduct research and analysis on internal and external factors influencing fixed domain strategy as it relates to the company.
• Consider the technology strategy requirements and objectives and consult with the Technology Strategy team for the fixed-specific requirements and objectives
• Support the technology innovation process within Fixed Access and align with sectors on emerging technologies, trends and key innovation topics which might be relevant for the company.
• Support the mapping and monitoring of technologies underlying business capabilities, as well as emerging new uses and standards
• Degree level qualification in Telecommunication Engineering or Information Technology from an accredited institution.
• Master’s degree in Telecommunication Engineering or Information Technology (preferred)
• At least 5 years’ experience with key fixed telecom technologies especially PON and FTTx is desirable.( in Addition experience in coper technologies )
• At least 5 years with telecom operator or large vendor in a technical role
• Experience with strategic planning and network development
• Strong understanding of the Telecom vendor landscape and the current state of technology product and service for fixed access.
• Expert knowledge and strong technical expertise in fixed telecommunications technologies, high-tech products, and ICT infrastructure
• Expert knowledge in the strategy development and business planning processes
• Expert knowledge of telecommunications product & services portfolio
About the Company
A leading technology management consultancy in the UAE.