Job description / Role
The CB FMI policies and Standards Advisor is expected to support the Payment Systems Policy and Oversight Department across the broad range of relevant topics relating to FMI under CB's remit. The role also includes a significant responsibility for the mentoring and development of junior talent in the Department, where knowledge transfer is seen as a pre-requisite to the engagement and development of team members in the Department.
A global leading financial service entity.
* Support the development and growth of the Payment Systems Policy and Oversight.
* Assist in the development of the Payment Systems Policy Framework for CB to ensure a robust and PFMI compliant FMI policy foundation in the country.
* Contribute to the design, development and implementation of the policy and standards roadmap for the Department, in alignment with relevant CB international obligations and CB strategic priorities.
* Prepare drafts of relevant policies, rules or regulations as part of the roadmap delivery.
* Support alignment of all policy and standard development efforts with the key strategic change programmes across CB.
* Assist the Payment Policy PFMI Business Lead through supporting the various activity streams within the PFMI Compliance Implementation Programme.
* Provide subject matter expertise and advisory on the various topics arising from a range of strategic developments.
* Assist in the completion of research / report requirements issued from the relevant international and regulatory bodies.
* Engage with the relevant CB functions where needed to assist knowledge transfer and awareness of the key issues impacting PFMI compliance.
* Provide mentoring, support and development of team members in the FMI Policy and Standards arena
* Identify issues that need special awareness programmes and arrange appropriate training for CB staff as required.
* Any other tasks as may be assigned that has been agreed by the CB.
* Market competitive salary
* Medical coverage for self and family
* Additional benefits
* 10+ years of relevant experience, including extensive knowledge of the development of progressive payment policy frameworks.
* A thorough understanding of all aspects of payment systems, including international policies, standards and regulations (with a minimum of 5 years in the field of payment systems).
* Proven experience and track record in FMI policy development work in ideally Central Bank environments.
* A very good knowledge of global trends in the payments area and the relevant international standards governing payment system development (BIS, World Bank, IMF).
* A good base of knowledge of Securities Settlement processes and linkages to payment systems, including the inter-dependencies between FMIs such as Central Counterparties (CCP), Central Securities Depositories (CSD).
* Relevant experience in contributing to the training and up-skilling of team members, and proven track record for mentoring and supporting the knowledge transfer process.
* Strong leadership and change management skills with a proven ability to work flexibly and effectively as both a leader and team player.
* Strategic thinker with strong analytical skills, attention to detail, decisive capabilities, and proven commitment to successful delivery.
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.