Job description / Role
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, Makkah Clock Royal Tower, exceptional service and flavors are the hallmarks of every dining experience. As Director, Food & Beverage, your leadership and vision will ensure outstanding operating results through exciting menu offerings and promotions, an engaged team and consistent guest satisfaction.
Hotel Overview: Makkah Clock Royal Tower, A Fairmont Hotel, is located only a few steps away from the Masjid Al Haraam and the Holy Ka'aba. This 76-story hotel, one of the world's tallest, is the focal point of the Abraj Al Bait Complex, part of the King Abdul Aziz Endowment Project. The Hotel authentic hospitality is seen throughout 858 rooms.
Reporting to the Hotel Manager, the Director, Food & Beverage is responsible for the overall success of the Food & Beverage Division, which includes the performance of our 9 outlets as well as In-Room Dining Service, In-Room Refreshment Centre, Banquets, Kitchen and Stewarding operations. The successful candidate must be dynamic, enthusiastic and passionate about food and beverage. He will work to achieve maximum sales and profits as well as guest satisfaction and employee engagement while adhering to established company policies and standards. He will form a close working relationship with the members of the Executive Committee and Department Heads. Proven ability to drive revenue, forecast accurately and enhance profitability as well as strong coaching and leadership development talents are a pre-requisite.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Hotel Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- The mandate of the Director, Food & Beverage is to plan and direct the Hotel's food and beverage operations ensuring the balance between delivering excellent guest service, maximizing profitability and supporting the development of all colleagues to their highest potential.
- Participate actively at Executive Committee and Revenue Management meetings.
- Key member of the Leadership and Crisis Management teams.
- Assist in the preparation, presentation and subsequent achievement of the hotel's Business Plan, which includes the annual Operating Budget, Marketing & Sales Plan and Capital Budget as well as the Strategic Plan.
- Ownership and implementation of the Hotel's strategic plan and accompanying tactics for success.
- Ensure the development and accuracy of monthly, quarterly and annual financial outlooks for the Food & Beverage Division.
- Set and monitor staffing levels and productivity targets with the goal of ensuring a balance between service and profitability.
- Coordinate the planning and implementation of Food & Beverage capital projects.
- Role models our service promises and ensures all reporting departments have a keen focus on delivery of our service essentials.
- Ensure highest Guest Service Satisfaction results through monitoring and analysis of JD Power reports and implementation of appropriate action plans.
- Ensure full compliance to Hotel operating controls and seek innovative ways to improve performance on a regular basis.
- Develop menus, promotions, specifications and standards for all food and beverage operations.
- Work with the food & beverage team to develop signature services for each outlet and Banquets Department.
- Seek opportunities to create awareness and positioning through community involvement and exposure in local media.
- Ensure the smooth operation and coordination of the food and beverage operating departments through their respective Department Heads.
- Active involvement in the recruitment process for all food & beverage positions to ensure the hiring of the very best candidates.
- Support, guide, direct and develop Department Heads and Managers in providing direction.
- Ensure regular, effective communication with all food & beverage colleagues through daily shift briefings, individual departmental communication meetings, Fairmont Fundamentals development and daily interaction in all departments.
- 5 to 7 years of progressive management experience in hotels, restaurants & operations management.
- Degree/Diploma from a recognized Hotel and Restaurant Management Program.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a team player attitude.
- Knowledge of the Micros system, Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Excellent culinary and beverage knowledge.
- Familiarity of general accounting principles and policies.
- Ability to analyze data and trends and create strategies for improvement.
- Innovative, creative and willing to take risks.
- Results-oriented with the ability to be flexible and work well under pressure.
- Bilingual in both official languages an asset.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Operations Director - Facility Management
Chief Operations Officer - COO - Multidiscipline, Retail, Construction, Hospitality
Restaurant General Manager
General Manager - Luxury Resort