Front Office Agent
Mecca, Saudi Arabia
Job description / Role
Front Office Agent
Providing engaging, sincere, personalized service is one of the ways our Colleagues are turning moments into memories for our guests at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts. Be a proud ambassador for your hotel as a Reception Agent, where the warm and efficient service you offer our guests makes them feel welcome at check-in, valued at check-out - and always at home .
Hotel Overview: Makkah Clock Royal Tower, A Fairmont Hotel, is located only a few steps away from the Masjid Al Haram and the Holy Ka'aba. This 76-story hotel, one of the world's tallest, is the focal point of the Abraj Al Bait Complex, part of the King Abdul Aziz Endowment Project, is the iconic symbol of hospitality in the Holy City. The hotel authentic hospitality is seen throughout 1618 guest rooms and suites are thoughtfully and elegantly appointed-with extravagant amenities and five-star services that allow for peaceful reflection and repose .
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to Front Office Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Check in the arriving guest and check out the departing guests in a friendly and caring manner according to the standards.
- Upon check in, register guest, assign rooms and assist guests in completing the registration cards.
- Accommodate special requests whenever possible.
- Use suggestive selling techniques to sell rooms and to promote other services of the hotel.
- Verify the guest's method of payment and follow established credit-checking procedures or refer cash handling payment to cashiers.
- Upon departure of guests, process the guest check out procedures.
- Receive payment from guests. Settle the guest account and give copy of the invoice.
- Handle all front office cashiers activities such as posting charges to guests and exchanging foreign currency according to the procedures. At the end of shift, balance their cash float.
- Answer all guest requests and questions in a friendly and caring manner, whether by telephone or in person, provide/receive information and takes appropriate actions or refer the matters to the relevant persons to handle. It may be and not inclusive of issuing a safe deposit box, handling messages or dealing with a complaints.
- Coordinate room status updates with the housekeeping department by notifying them of late check-outs, early check-ins and special requests.
- Possess a working knowledge of the room reservation procedures.
- Committed to the grooming policy, front office code of ethics, health & safety regulations.
- Assist guests regarding hotel facilities in an informative and helpful way.
- Follow all safety policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or suitable equivalent
- Previous experience in the same role in a luxury hotel is preferred
- Well-groomed, professional appearance
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Physically agile, and able to stand for extended periods
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor.
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo!
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.