Front Office Manager
Boudl Hotels & Resorts
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Job description / Role
SCOPE AND GENERAL PURPOSE
Under the general direction of the General Manager and within the limits of local hotel policies and procedures, oversees and directs all aspects of Front office operations which shall include, but not be limited to the following:
• Front Office.
• Executive lounge.
• Business center.
• Guest relation.
• Guest & Staff Transport
• Hotel Vehicles
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Ensure consistent quality of service provided to all hotel guests.
• Supervises the Front Office Team to ensure optimum occupancy and average room rate for the purpose of maximizing revenue in conjunction with the Sales team.
• Monitors Front Office personnel to ensure guests receive prompt, cordial attention and personal recognition.
• Monitors Front office personnel, and particularly Guest relations, to ensure that they know repeat guests and other VIP’s receive attention and recognition.
• Contribute to achieve departmental revenues.
• Assumes overall responsibility for maintaining standards to ensure furnishings, facilities and equipment are clean, in good repair and well maintained.
• Schedules and regularly conducts routine inspections of areas under control.
• Maintains appropriate standards of conduct, dress, hygiene, uniforms, appearance and posture of department employees.
• Conducts comprehensive monthly departmental meetings and trainings to include a review of procedures and events, which warrant special handling and detailed information.
• Informs other operating departments, notably Housekeeping, of Front Office matters which concern them.
• Establishes and maintains effective employee relations.
• Conducts such functions as interviewing, orientations, hiring, performance appraisal, counseling, coaching, training, and suspending of necessary to ensure appropriate staffing and productivity.
• Control & Verity hotel forecast and keep department up-dated of the hotel activity.
• Follow up on group bookings.
• Meets and welcome all VIP guests.
• Prepares and submits statistical, performance and forecast reports as necessary, to facilitate annual budget and strategic plan preparation and provide management with marketing information.
• Analyzes the rate variance report prepared by the night G.S.A and night auditor to ensure room revenue control.
• Identifies training needs, develops formal training plans and implements training sessions.
• Controls and analyses, an on going basis, departmental costs to ensure performance against budget.
• Prepares the Front office Departmental Budget.
• Analyses and approves discounts and allowances.
• Check billing instructions and guest credit for accuracy and compliance with hotel credit policy.
• Performs related duties and special projects as assigned.
• Ensure proper maintenance of F/O Software.
• Ensure proper maintenance of Hotel vehicles
• Handle or resolve all guest complaints and establish an amicable relation with clients and customers of the hotel.
• Through close supervision recommends improvements in operation especially in the aspects of developing better service standard, increase in revenue and reduction of cost.
• Plan and organize periodical departmental training for staff in the areas of courtesy, efficiency, grooming, diplomacy and job knowledge (especially for new staff).
• Identify and develop leadership qualities among staff in order to guide them towards the part of career enrichment.
• Reports directly to and communicates with the General Manager on all pertinent Front Office matters affecting guest service.
• Supervises Front Office operations personnel.
• Interacts with guests as well as individuals outside the hotel including but not limited to travel industry representatives, competitors, labor relations representative, suppliers, contractors and other members of the local community.
• Cooperate, coordinate and communicate with other departments as required.
• Work closely with other departments and attend related meetings to participate in providing or receiving constructive criticism with regards to the department in order to improve efficiency and productivity.
REPLACEMENT AND TEMPORARY MISSION
• To be able and responsible when assigned to perform any other duties designated by management.
About the Company
Boudl company was established in 1959 under the name of Saleh Naser to Khelaiwi and Sons Co. In few years, the company opened a number of hotels throughout the KSA & Kuwait. through its journey of success, the company created the Boudl brand which became the first brand in the hospitality field in KSA.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Front Office Supervisor
Administration Assistant / Administrative Secretary
MAYKS HR Consulting
Assistant Manager - Front Office
Guest Services Assistant
Dubai Parks and Resorts