Job description / Role
Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts (MH&R) is in the "moments" business. We're intimately involved in important times in our guests lives. And you never know when a moment can be made. A simple smile in the lobby can create the positivity that turns a business trip into a new business celebration. An insider tip on the best way to spend a day can make an entire holiday. A romantic dinner for two can lead to a longer term partnership.
It doesn't take much to make a moment. Just to be genuine. And human. And warm. And take steps to do the ordinary in an extraordinary way.
We understand that this vision cannot be achieved without great people who create and support work environments designed to produce exceptional results.
- To oversee the front desk operations of the Hotel and the concierge operations.
- To interact with Housekeeping, Engineering guest receives high level of service
- To be entrepreneurial and to think beyond the boundaries of the expected and not requested
- To provide service that is sincere, warm and enthusiastic, ensuring the guests' satisfaction
- To take the time to get to know the guests and to be committed to service excellence
- The act as a leading team member of the Emergency Response Team
Key Deliverables and Responsibilities
Planning & Organizing:
- Schedule adequate manpower for business levels forecasted.
- Plan and coordinate all move in and move out activity with the relevant departments
- Conduct interviews for candidates in the department in conjunction with Human Resources and prepare job descriptions
- Coordinating purchasing for the front office departments with the finance team as per the hotel procedures
- Adhere to and monitor departmental operating expenses as per departmental budget and forecast.
- Review and monitor departmental work schedules, oversee that departmental payroll is in line with budgets.
- Train and develop the front office team in the departmental operating standards
- Maintain a consistent focus on improving the overall flow front office operations, seeking ways to maximize and improve the operation through productivity management and energy savings programs
- Active implement and support the task management systems (e.g Message box or Royal Service)
- Review team performance daily based on task management.
- To lead and support employees in the achievement of financial, operational and service delivery targets via effective organizational policy and procedural development and appropriate employee training activities
- Foster a winning, solution-oriented work environment, motivating and engaging employees to continuously deliver the best possible service and to provide feedback and suggestions
- To lead daily concierge and front office briefings and monthly employee meetings
- To have a complete understanding of and to adhere to Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts policy relating to Fire, Hygiene, Health and Safety.
- To drive the performance of the front office and concierge team members, including completion of performance appraisals, coaching counselling and performance management in conjunction with Human Resources
- Ensure the team work within the department with a sales focused attitude and team are aware of sales opportunities within the hotel which will assist in maximization of revenue.
- Ensure all team members are aware of all room revenue targets and are kept informed of performance results.
- Ensure all non-guaranteed reservations are released at the appointed time.
- Adhere to the hotel selling strategy by ensuring the use of correct rates.
- Ensure all book out situations are handled in a diplomatic and professional manner ensuring future business from respective booked out guests.
- Ensure guests are communicated with and assisted in an efficient, warm and professional manner by all team members.
- To ensure a consistently high standard of grooming is followed and by self and team
- Actively review guest comments and feedback, communicate this with the team members and implement procedures to enhance guest satisfaction
- Have full knowledge of all products and services provided by the property and in the local area
- Actively participate in guest events when requested.
- Adhere to company credit policies to ensure all expected revenues are secured
- Ensure daily shift handovers are conducted in a professional and constructive manner.
- Regularly spot check duty shift checklists to ensure tasks are completed.
- Review daily reports to ensure system is being maintained as per company policies and procedures.
- Spot check registration cards to ensure accuracy of data is collected as per Municipality and property standards.
- Spot check passport scans to ensure accuracy as per Dubai Municipality requirements for transfers.
- Ensure all daily system closing procedures and reports are being completed as per company standards.
- Ensure closure of any pending revenue (pay masters) in a timely manner adhering to finance policies and procedures
- To work closely with the Finance department to produce monthly financial reports timely & accurately
- To review the employee schedule and annual leave plan to ensure the correct allocation of resources in order to improve guest satisfaction level as well as employee productivity and satisfaction
- Oversee the implementation of a training plan for all front office and concierge team members
- Monitor and keep updated training records and schedules to ensure planning and completion is carried out as per hotel standard.
Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts reserves the right to revise all job descriptions from time to time as business needs demand. Other duties may be assigned as & when necessary. The above-mentioned job description attempts to outline key aspects of the role, however, does not limit its right to assign other duties to an employee in this position. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.