Job description / Role
Welcoming and taking care of others is part of our Group's DNA . We are looking for a Front Office Manager who will support in directing and controlling the activities of the Front Office, Telephone, Guest Services, Guest Relations and Concierge Departments to create a special welcoming and memorable experience for our guests.
What is in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
- Monitors front office personnel to ensure guests receiving prompt, cordial attention and personal recognition
- Supervises the Front Office team to ensure optimum occupancy and average room rate for the purpose of maximizing revenue
- Monitors Front Office, and particularly Guest Relations personnel, to ensure A/Club members and known repeat guests and other VIPs receive special attention and recognition
- Promotes Inter-Hotel sales and in-house facilities and monitors Front Office Marketing techniques in line with FIT marketing program
- Maintains inter-departmental relationships to ensure seamless customer service
- Assumes overall responsibility for maintaining standards to ensure furnishings facilities and equipment are clean, in good repair and well maintained
- Liaise closely with Executive Housekeeper to ensure special guest needs, amenities and other room related requests are met
- Inspects frequently for cleanliness and orderliness, the lobby, reception and cashier's desk and, on a random basis, VIP rooms prior to arrival
- Schedules and regularly conducts routine inspections of areas under his/her control
- Maintains knowledge of credit policies and procedures and liaise closely with Finance Department to ensure that credit procedures are properly carried out
- Knows system recovery procedures and trains the team in these procedures Interprets computer reports
- Compiles statistics for front office and provide reports relating to that area Continually checks the accuracy of room count
- Approves upgrades and special amenities
- Maintains appropriate standards of conduct, dress, hygiene, uniforms, appearance and posture of departmental employees
- Conducts comprehensive monthly departmental meetings to include a review of procedures and events which warrants special handling and detailed information
- Prepares efficient work schedule for all related departments, arranging holidays and vacation, taking into consideration project occupancy and forecasts and any large group movements, especially those with early or late arrivals or departures
- Be prepared to implement assigned tasks during emergencies such as fires, power failures and bomb threats
- Ensures departmental Risk Management Calendar actions are up to date as per monthly calendar schedule.
- Works with Talent & Culture Manager on manpower planning and management needs
- Works with Director of Finance in the preparation and management of the Department's budget. Performs any other task assigned based on needs or requirements.
Your experience and skills include:
- Communication skills- demonstrated ability to interact with customers, employees and third parties that reflects highly on the hotel, the brand and the Company.
- Good report writing skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and OPERA
- Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities
- Strong Leadership skills in managing teams Ability to manage complex relationships
- Accor background is essential
- Fluency in English, Arabic and Italian; additional languages are a plus
Your team and working environment:
Banyan Tree will operate and expand the Ashar luxury camp, embracing the region's Arabian heritage to blend in seamlessly with the Ashar Valley's striking natural scenery and stand in the heart of AlUla's planned "living museum" experience.
Situated near AlUla's signature mirrored Maraya Concert Venue, the camp recently hosted guests of the annual Winter At Tantora cultural festival, elevating visitors' experiences by connecting them with AlUla's nature, art, and ancestry.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor.
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.