Job description / Role
INSPIRE | EXHILARATE | DELIGHT
For over six decades, Chalhoub Group has been a partner and creator of luxury experiences in the Middle East. The Group, in its endeavour to excel as a hybrid retailer, has reinforced its distribution and marketing services with a portfolio of eight owned brands and over 300 international brands in the luxury, beauty, fashion, and art de vivre categories. More recently, the Group expanded its expertise into new categories of luxury watches, jewellery, and eyewear.
Every step at Chalhoub Group is taken with the customer at heart. Be it constantly reinventing itself or focusing on innovation to provide luxury experiences at over 750+ experiential retail stores, online and through mobile apps, each touch point leads to delighting the customer.
Today, Chalhoub Group stands for 14,000 skilled and talented professionals across seven countries, whose cohesive efforts have resulted in the Group being ranked third in the Middle East and first in Saudi Arabia as a Great Place to Work®.
To keep the innovation journey going, the Group has set up "The Greenhouse", which is not just an innovation hub, but also an incubator space and accelerator for start-ups and small businesses in the region and internationally. This is just one of the several initiatives taken by the Group to reinvent itself, catalysed by forward thinking and future-proofing. The Group has also been embedding sustainability at the core of its business strategy with a clear commitment towards people, partners and the planet, and by being a member of the United Nations Global Compact Community and signatory of the Women's Empowerment Principles.
What you'll be doing
- To supervise the warehouse team for timely and efficient completion of day-to-day activities such as Goods Inward, Order preparation, Dispatch, Product manipulation and Housekeeping.
- Evaluate daily workload, Plan and allocate work force to complete daily objectives.
- Supervision of product put away strategies in WMS
- Supervision of product pack keys in WMS
- Plan, Organize and review daily tasks of shift Team leaders.
- Ensure that the shift reports are completely filled and information passed to the next shift.
- Ensure customer requirements are satisfied.
- Maintain a high level of accuracy on stocks and ensure damages are kept to the minimum. Â§ Human Resources & Assets
- Ensure that the working environment is pleasant and cooperative.
- Proper and effective communication of information from the management to the shop floor and vice-versa.
- To motivate and lead the team to ensure logistics objectives are achieved.
- Conduct Team briefing, on the Job coaching & performance feedback to staff
- Plan with warehouse manager the staff annual leave.
- Identify and recommend staff training requirements
Equipment & Assets Management
- Ensure resources like storage space, manpower and equipment are efficiently utilized.
- Ensure Machinery, equipment, consumables and other resources and properly planned, used and well maintained.
- Quality, Health & Safety and Environment
- Strictly follow standard processes, procedures and work instructions. Also promote adherence to procedures by your staff.
- Close analysis, promotion and identification of areas for improvement within company's Quality Management System per ISO 9001 standards
- Report all incidents, of any nature and however caused, to their immediate superior completing all necessary documentation promptly and accurately.
- Ensure that workplace health, safety & environment requirements as per OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001 are met and take responsibility for the security of the building and stock.
- To maintain a high quality image throughout the operation at all times. Other requirements
What you'll need to succeed
- Minimum 5 years experience in Supply chain management
- Professional level of English and Arabic
- Leadership skills
What we can offer you
With us, you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers diverse career paths for those who are extraordinary, every day.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.