Job description / Role
As a Supervisor, you’ll strive to plan beyond your own needs, ensuring the sufficient resourcing of your function. This will include identifying training needs, staying on top of absence & performance management, as well as coaching and continuous monitoring of your department to engender a greater culture of productivity.
Additionally, you will need to constructively critique your department as a whole: making you responsible for tracking, trending and reporting on departmental metrics and liaising with other departments to share leanings.
- You will be dedicated to, and take personal responsibility for, meeting and exceeding ambitious production goals,
- Demonstrable problem solving and analytical skills,
- Be Customer obsessed; always mindful of our key objective to provide exceptional service to our customers.
- An excellent verbal and written communicator, you’re able to handle multiple, occasionally conflicting tasks in a fast-paced environment,
- Ready to Learn and Be Curious: you’re willing to train and learn new skills,
- You are a strong People Manager, able to Earn Trust. You will possess experience in coaching and mentoring others to succeed, as well managing performance and employee engagement levels.
- Bachelor’s degree;
- 3-5 years minimum proven leadership/supervisory experience in developing teams of 20+ within in a FC/DC or manufacturing environment;
- Verbal and written communication that is clear, concise and polished
- You Deliver Results, are able to handle both long and short-term multiple tasks, and demonstrate Bias for Action while working in a fast paced, occasionally ambiguous environment with conflicting priorities and requests,
- You demonstrate keen attention to detail, initiative and proactivity, and insist upon the Highest Standards at all times. Comfortable challenging the status quo, you are always looking for ways to continuously improve and optimize processes.
- You’re flexible – willing and able to work flexible schedules/shifts outside of your regular shift pattern, including nights and weekends, to support the needs of our Customers. No task is too small or menial – you roll up your sleeves to get the job done.
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.