Furnace and Cooling Process Engineer
Job description / Role
• Receive work directions and instructions from the Superintendent Process Engineering on furnace and cooling systems process engineering and control aspects.
• Follow-up and optimize the operations, especially the combustion, of the Refinerys furnaces, boilers and flare tip, and sulphur plants burners.
• Provide recommendations, guidelines and instructions regarding the combustion process in the furnace as well as the maintenance of the burners.
• Provide technical classroom or on-the-job trainings on furnaces and burners fine-tuning and optimization to the Operations team.
• Provide technical training on burners maintenance to the Maintenance team.
• Develop, implement and maintain special modeling software used for simulating Fuel Oil/ Fuel Gas (FO/FG) consumption and pollutant emissions at the stacks and flares of the Refinery.
• Conduct regular inspections and audits on the Refinery`s furnace systems and submit regular reports with recommendations and actions lists to the Superintendent Process Engineering. Issue monthly reports on furnace operations, efficiency, and consumption versus the preset Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
• Follow-up and optimize the operations of air cooling systems in the Refinerys units and utilities including water cooling and tower air coolers.
• Provide recommendations, guidelines and instructions regarding the operations of the operations and fine tuning of the Refinerys air coolers.
• Provide technical training on air coolers maintenance to the Maintenance team.
• Organize regular efficiency measurements of the air coolers and issue instructions regarding fine-tuning activities on the fans.
• Provide adequate support to Process Engineering personnel and other concerned Organizations regarding the maintenance, inspection and design of furnaces and air cooling systems and equipment.
• Participate in defining the scope of work for furnaces and air cooling systems during testing/inspection and scheduling as well as for the refractory dry-out during the start-up.
• Provide technical expertise and advice regarding furnaces, boilers and air coolers projects and studies.
• Prepare the fuel for firing budget for the overall refinery and ensure accurate budget and consumption control along the year.
• Develop and follow-up on the Solomon EII of the Refinery.
• Ensure maintaining a database of the Refinerys furnaces, boilers and air coolers systems operations and maintenance instructions, manuals and activities and ensure that all data are updated and organized for easy reference.
• Prepare regular reports to the Superintendent Process Engineering on the furnaces, boilers and air coolers services contracts progresses and highlight any pending issues or problems.
• Perform other related duties as assigned by the Superintendent Process Engineering.
• Strong technical knowledge of Refining production operations and processes.
• Strong technical knowledge of the Refinerys Furnace/Burners and Air Cooling technologies and operations.
• Good knowledge of feasibility analysis, project scoping and project work estimation.
• Conversant with SAP and Microsoft Office applications.
• Ability to work in a dynamic environment.
• Good interpersonal communication skills.
• Capable of giving strong attention to details.
• Strong analytical ability.
• Good problem solving skills.
• Strong command of oral and written English.
• Bachelors Degree in Chemical Engineering or equivalent with Six (6) years of related Refining Furnace and Cooling Technology or Operations experience
About the Company
SATORP, in its promising future, is one of the most complex refineries in the world, with a processing capacity of 400,000 barrels per day of Arabian Heavy Crude to produce petroleum products and petrochemicals with commitment to the highest international standards of health, safety and environment; and at the same time having continuous development and leadership in the region. This world-class refinery that came to being out of the expertise of the two oil giants, Saudi Aramco and Total, is located at Jubail Industrial City in the east of Saudi Arabia.