Job description / Role
- Take immediate and corrective action in case of unexpected failure to mechanical equipment, pipelines and civil structures within the Gas Network.
- Supervise Technicians, Mechanical in conducting CM activities.
- Assist Technicians to carry out preventive maintenance and inspection activities to the mechanical equipment, pipelines and civil structure with Gas Network.
- Identify preventive maintenance requirements for all types of equipment and facilities and arrange and supervise preventive maintenance activities and schedules.
- Supervise field and workshop equipment reconditioning.
- Plan resources and equipment required to carry out PM and CM activities
- Supervise the maintenance and overhauling of all types of mechanical equipment and pipelines within the Gas Network.
- Contribute towards and work to agreed plans for preventive maintenance and inspection of mechanical equipment, pipelines and civil structures within the Gas Network.
- Catalogue all faults and areas and take actions to ensure full functioning of equipment and pipelines.
- Prepare the required service contractor’s Scope of Work and evaluate the contractor’s proposal.
- Plan the required service contract resources and supervise related activities on mechanical equipment, pipelines and civil structures (Excavation, Backfilling, Welding, Cutting, Priming, Overhauling, Hydro testing, Pigging, Purging, Cleaning, Drying, and Inspection).
- To lead a maintenance team to ensure execution of all Corrective and Preventive Maintenance activities in a safe and efficient manner, making optimum use of resources and ensuring equipment and gas network reliability.
- To ensure that gas network expansion and customers’ connections are done as per relevant gas standards.
- University degree in a Mechanical engineering.
- 5-7 years’ relevant plant maintenance experience including supervisory experience in Oil and Gas maintenance including a minimum of four years’ working experience with high-pressure gas pipelines and associated mechanical equipment.
- 3-5 years' Previous supervisory/man-management experience.
- Project management experience.
- Experience of managing third party contractors.
- Experience of working in SAP
About the Company
MECS Africa is a service-oriented business that focuses exclusively on manpower management, offering an effective, relevant human resources (HR) solution to a diverse client base. With more than 33 years experience in recruitment and project support across Africa, we have the knowledge and expertise to fully address the demands of manpower management in the mining, engineering, construction, offshore oil and gas, petrochemical, power generation and agricultural sectors.
Well assist clients in a way that strengthens both their permanent HR structures and project-based staffing requirements. This enhances business performance through the support and management of an atypical workforce and the provision of global best practice recruitment services.
Mechanical Rotating Engineer
Superior Machines Equipment Services
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Mechanical QC Engineer - CCPP
MEP Engineer - Factory/Manufacturing Plant
A Leading Company In Bahrain