Job description / Role
The General Cashier is to define the scope, duties and responsible to prepare the hotel's daily bank deposits, control all house funds, and to issue, audit and maintain all hotel banks according to the Company's policies and procedures.
What is in it for you :
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates at Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
Reporting to the Assistant Director of Finance & Business Support, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Reconciling daily cash submissions from the various departments in the hotel and for consolidating the bank deposits daily.
- Ensuring that all cash-handling employees have adequate monetary change throughout their work shifts.
- Performing house bank audits as required by the Company's policies and procedures to ensure the safeguarding of all hotel cash.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule in order to accomplish all major responsibilities and tasks.
- Must have excellent cash handling skills evidenced by no overages and shortages.
- Must have a commitment to follow all local and corporate policies and procedures as they relate to this position.
- Count and verify daily cash receipts that are submitted from individual cashiers.
- Document the reconciliation of all cash receipts to the PMS system and complete or assist in the completion of the daily cash over and short report.
- Consolidate and prepare the daily bank deposits in a timely manner.
- Count and document all hotel floats monthly, on a surprise basis, in the presence of the float holder as required by the Company's policies and procedures.
- Report all cash discrepancies to the Chief Accountant immediately.
- Strictly adhere to the hotels procedures for cash handling, cheque cashing and petty cash disbursements.
- Ensure that current exchange rates are posted and all foreign currencies and cheques proceeds are deposited on a timely basis.
- Ensure a high level of confidentiality when dealing with all matters related to payroll
- Ensure timely payroll reports are completed as required
- Follow departmental policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
Your experience and skills include:
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables.
- Well-developed computer skills particularly in the use of MS Office, E-Mail and Finance Management systems.
- Fluent English - written and spoken
- Experience in the Hotels industry- Preferable in Accounting
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your
personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during
your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.