Job description / Role
General Engineering Teacher - ITQAN
As a Teacher of Engineering you will be an outstanding classroom practitioner who consistently demonstrates the highest standards of delivery, is fully committed to raising attainment across all key stages and always achieve the highest standards within Engineering.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Teacher of Engineering, working with other members of the ITQAN teaching team, will be responsible for the delivery of the following key priorities:
• To provide outstanding teaching to create a vibrant and distinctive culture for learning for young people in engineering in the area of Inspection
• To ensure all our trainees are able to thrive and engage in both academic and vocational learning to achieve above and beyond their highest potential whilst developing personal and employability skills.
• To plan and execute programme that meets individual learner needs within Engineering.
• You will inspire our stakeholders and partners by:
• delivering outstanding quality of teaching and learning within Engineering
• Working with partners effectively to enhance the trainees experience
• Understanding national standards within the subject area and ensuring these are followed
• Using effective target setting systems for all students within Engineering
• Identifying effective intervention and mentoring strategies for students within Engineering using employer partners where relevant and supporting the corporate objectives
• Ensuring that all the work you do for the ITQAN and Interserve follows the vision and values
• Being an outstanding practitioner and to undertaking a teaching commitment depending on the needs of the institute
• Attending College meetings and committees as required
• Contributing to the Institutes Enrichment programme.
• Undertaking such other duties as are commensurate with the post and which may reasonably be required by the Principal.
• You will enhance young people’s futures by:
• Teaching trainees according to their educational needs, including the appropriate setting and marking of work to be carried out by the trainees
• Assessing, recording and reporting on the attendance, progress, development and attainment of students whilst keeping electronic records as required
• Contributing to reports and references relating to individual students
• Ensuring a high-quality learning experience for trainees, which meet internal and external quality standards
• Preparing and regularly updating subject materials
• Using a variety of delivery methods, which will stimulate learning appropriate to trainees needs and demands of the syllabus
• Maintaining discipline in accordance with the Institutes procedures, and to encourage good practice with regard to punctuality, behavior, standards of work and independent learning
• Undertaking assessment of trainees as requested by external examination bodies, departmental and Institutes according to procedures
• Marking and grading trainees work which enables you to give written/verbal and diagnostic feedback
• Supporting and motivating trainees to allow them to grow and enhance their own skills in both achieving qualifications and work readiness
• Ensuring all trainees understand the expected standards of behavior and be prepared to intervene where these are standards are not followed
• Ensuring a safe, secure and healthy environment for trainees
• You will protect our trainees by:
• Responding effectively and immediately to safeguarding/child protection concerns raised by staff, pupils or brought to the institute’s attention through other means
• Ensuring that safeguarding policies are followed and communicated effectively
• You will ensure the Institutes is a success by working collaboratively with all Institutes Staff to:
• Have an effective understanding of your own accountability, and develop approaches to its review and evaluation
• Work as part of the institutes quality team
• Any other duties as commensurate with the level of this post and as directed by the Principal or Head of Vocational
• A minimum of three years’ teaching experience, preferably in an adult environment.
• Vocational teaching and training.
• Ideally experience teaching in Middle East.
• At least 3 years employed in industry particularly the oil and gas industry.
• Employed in a technical maintenance environment would be advantageous.
• Evidence of dynamic and innovative teaching practice.
• Ability to engage and inspire learning and promote student achievement.
• Ability to simplify, adapt and present complex technical concepts to novices with a varying learning abilities and English language proficiency.
• Willingness to share ideas and develop teaching resources collaboratively.
• Knowledge of, and commitment to, equality, diversity and inclusion.
• Knowledge of, and commitment to, effective safeguarding of students.
• Knowledge & ability to demonstrate an understanding of course structures, lesson planning, along with different learning styles and teaching methods.
• Excellent communication, organization skills.
• A passion for people and the challenge of taking them on a journey.
• Excellent IT skills.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS and QUALIFICATIONS
• Teaching qualifications Cert. Education / PGCE.
• Ideally Verifiers (V1) and Assessors (A1) qualifications.
• Ideally a degree in an engineering discipline but other degrees with a technical background may be considered.
• Craft qualification City & Guilds / BTEC.
• Fluent in verbal and coherent in written English.
• Effective presentation and interpersonal skills both in delivery of subjects to students and communication to senior management
• COMPETENCES, Age experience etc.
• Appreciation and general working knowledge of wider engineering disciplines including but not limited to Petroleum, Civil, Mechanical, Electrical and Electronics, Geothermal
• Working knowledge of drafting and design principles, material types and properties, and manufacturing processes.
• Welding technology – Arc including TIG, MIG, MAG and MMA.
• Inspection Equipment / tools – Magnifier glass, Fillet gauge
About the Company
Interserve Learning & Employment provides first class skills, education and employment services to help break down barriers to prosperity. Our ever expanding team offers flexible, tailored support to teenagers and adults from all walks of life, including school leavers, employees who seek career development and anyone who, through illness or changing circumstances, has been prevented from completing their journey into work. With our help, tens of thousands of people a year embark on training or jobs, which has a positive impact on wider communities and local economies.