Job description / Role
Our client is currently searching for a General Manager for their business who will be a turnaround specialist for a large integrated solutions technology business. The role will involve key skills around strategic re-positioning, market penetration and redefining the value proposition for the business.
Our client is a market leader for cost-effective and reliable hardware, software, telecom and networking solutions. They offer turnkey IT solutions, including a complete range of servers, storage, workstation, desktop, and portable computers, in addition to printers, peripherals, storage services, communications platforms, and turnkey network solutions. They have a large portfolio of software offerings, such as, Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) solutions, ERP integrating solutions, cyber security solutions, hospital management systems, data security systems, governance risk compliance (GRC), virtual simulation software, engineering software and infrastructure optimisation tools.
The key responsibilities of the role shall include:
- Managing the P&L for the business.
- Motivating a large team across the business whilst focusing on growth and development.
- Managing multiple business streams from both a technical and a commercial perspective.
- Developing the top line strategy of the business.
- Having a strong operational focus with regards to the transformation and streamlining of business processes.
- Developing market share and penetrating the market successfully given current market dynamics.
- Executing strategic objectives and developing a sales culture within the organisation.
- Developing and executing a new sales cycle that is centred around the addition of value to end clients.
- Developing the marketing strategy for the business with a focus on how the brand is perceived and recognised in the market.
- Managing complex long term relationships with end clients and vendors.
- Developing long term agreements with vendors within the market.
- Commercial focus on improving short term margins and driving future growth.
On offer is an exciting role with a large group. Long term the candidate can expect a significant growth path provided they prove themselves with this business.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Experience of working within a leadership role for a systems integrator / provider of turnkey solutions.
- 15+ years experience with at least 3+ years in a general management capacity.
- Degree Qualified, with a preference for an MBA holder.
- Experience with turning a business around in both a strategic and operational capacity.
- Strong people leadership skills, with the ability to motivate teams.
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.