Job description / Role
General Manager - L'Occitane KSA
Who we are
We are a leading partner for luxury across the Middle East. With more than 600 stores, 300 brands and over 65 years of experience in the region, we have become a major player in the beauty, fashion and gift sectors, by offering service excellence to our partners and delighting all our customers. We are moving fast from a traditional distributor and retailer for luxury in the Middle East, to a hybrid retailer bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
To fuel the next stage of our growth we are looking to build a world class team. From physical retail through to supply chain and customer loyalty, we aim to use technology and data to continuously improve every aspect of our operations. We are looking for top talent to join us on this journey of exploring new horizons together.
What you will be doing
As a General Manager you will be responsible for designing and implementing the strategy, goals and objectives, setting budgets and commercial targets of the brand(s) in alignment with the Brand's strategic direction for the short and long term.
In addition, you will be responsible for driving the development of the brand(s), predominately in its growth through new projects, whilst also reviewing and supporting the management of the current operational growth of retail/wholesale, commercially and financially.
You will enable the business to achieve results through driving the capability of its human capital, promote knowledge and information sharing whilst ensuring compliance within the Group's guidelines.
- Develop the business plan of the brand(s) in line with the strategic direction of the vertical and seek the buy-in of the MD
- Agree on portfolio's commercial KPIs for the year with the MD and cascade to team whilst continuously monitoring progress and development towards strategic objectives
- Participate in strategic meetings with all stakeholders (partners, clients, regional teams, etc.)
- Partner with the regional team and run projects that enhance efficiencies around cost (i.e. any transformation or automation projects)
- Set the yearly fiscal and manpower budgets of the brand(s) and leverage available dashboards to monitor budget materialization
- Ensure People KPIs (i.e. nationalization , turnover rates) are agreed with Line Managers
- Plan and ensure compliance to the brand budgets and 3 Year Plans
- React with agility to underperforming or successful initiatives
- Manage store network investments (opening, renovation and closing) and digital investments (e.g. eCommerce, apps, digital in store, etc...)
- Ensure that IRR by store conforms to the Regional guidelines
- Review bi-annual list of underperforming stores(retail-specific)/retailers (distribution-specific) to ensure remedial plan is implemented
- Ensure all OPEX and CAPEX commitments remain within monthly budget allotments
- Deliver business KPIs as agreed with MD (budget, P&L, People Metrics)
- Mentor and coach team and lead them to achieve brands' vision and business plans milestones
- Assign operational responsibility to team while keeping accountability of deliverables
- Identify gaps in competences and manpower in team and find remedies with the help of the People Partners
- Participate in Group's succession planning by identifying high potential within the team
- Act as the guardian of all Group policies, ensuring compliance of working policies and procedures
- Research, benchmark, provide data, and make recommendations for prospective projects
What you'll need to succeed
- Experience in identifying, pursuing and capturing new business opportunities
- Experience in financial management and contracts negotiations
- Ability to nurture relationships with clients/ partners
- Ability to influence and to be regarded as a credible trusted leader of a business
- Self-aware, with the appropriate leadership skills to inspire high performing teams
- Experience in developing and managing a cross-functional team with a variety of skills and experience
- Previous experience working in a fast-paced, matrixed environment
- Exceptional communication, relationship-building, project management and presentation skills
- Master's Degree in Operations Management/ Business Administration or any related field
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant experience with at least 5 years in a similar role
- Ideally, you would have an understanding or past exposure to the KSA market, and ability to travel for business across the kingdom to oversee operations
What we can offer you
With us, you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers diverse career paths for those who are extraordinary, every day.
We recognize the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.