Job description / Role
General Manager - Mövenpick Hotel Riyadh Financial District, KSA
Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts is in the “moments” business. We’re intimately involved in important times in our guests lives. And you never know when a moment can be made. A simple smile in the lobby can create the positivity that turns a business trip into a new business celebration. An insider tip on the best way to spend a day can make an entire holiday. A romantic dinner for two can lead to a longer term partnership. It doesn’t take much to make a moment. Just to be genuine. And human. And warm. And take steps to do the ordinary in an extraordinary way.
Hotel Overview: Step into the energised ambience of Mövenpick Hotel Riyadh Financial District, where a host of refreshing experiences and dining opportunities invigorate our guests on a daily basis. A convenient location in Riyadh’s key financial district makes us easy to reach. This 5-star hotel is ideal for business travellers and residents at leisure who like to be in a Riyadh hotel which is full of life and unpretentious flair. We have comfortable superior rooms, executive rooms and incredible suites, all with free WiFi. A swimming pool, sauna, ice room, gymnasium and massage rooms provide you with a chance to kick back and relax.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Vice President, Operations, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
• Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
• Responsible for the overall management and strategic direction of the hotel
• Oversee the operations functions of the hotel, including but not limited to Food and Beverage and Rooms Division
• Lead and support all departments in the achievement of their financial and operational targets through establishment of a positive culture, clear expectations and policy and procedural implementation
• Direct the preparation, presentation and subsequent achievement of the hotel's annual Operating Budget, Marketing & Sales Plan and Capital Budget
• Actively involved in various industry and community initiatives
• Act as spokesperson for the hotel and an ambassador for the Mövenpick Brand
• Ensure that monthly financial outlooks for all departments are on time, on target and accurate
• Ensure full compliance to hotel operating controls
• Actively involved in the recruitment process of senior leadership positions within the hotel
• Follow department policies, procedures and service standards
• Follow all safety policies
• Other duties as assigned
• Prior 5+ years GM experience
• Prior pre-opening experience required
• Fluent in English & Arabic
• Good understanding of the local market (previous experience preferred)
• Must be strategic, creative and able to clearly communicate how plans will deliver on overall goals
• Excellent speaking and presentation skills
• Demonstrate leadership and organizational skills
• Strong interpersonal & communication skills
• Adaptable & flexible with the capacity to set high goals and standards for smooth operation of the hotel
• Effective management style, hands-on and approachable
• Bottom-line oriented with emphasis on quality guest service and team building
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for AccorHotels?
We are much more than a world leader. We are more than 250,000 hoteliers with a purposeful and heartfelt mission: to make every guest Feel Welcome in our 4,500 addresses and on our digital platforms. We are committed to a culture and guided by our values that make our talent Feel Valued. We want them to express their passions every day and realize their full potential through exemplary professional development and growth opportunities, enjoying a life filled with unlimited experiences.
About the Company
We are thrilled to embark on an exciting new chapter as Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, and our unrivaled collection of iconic hotels including Fairmont San Francisco, Fairmont The Norfolk, Nairobi, Fairmont Banff Springs, London's The Savoy and the Fairmont Peace Hotel in Shanghai, join AccorHotels Group, one of the world's largest global hotel companies. Together, as a global community of hospitality leaders, we remain committed to cultivating a culture in which our colleagues are encouraged to realize their full potential through rewarding experiences and development opportunities. This exciting growth translates into opportunities, not just to better meet the needs of our guests, but opportunities for you to grow your career within our incredible brands around the world!
With our distinctive hotels around the world - and more in development - our global hospitality brand is renowned for its warm, engaging service and unique, culturally rich experiences. Located in some of the world's most unforgettable destinations, Fairmont's unrivalled collection reflects a sense of heritage, sophistication, and social importance. We are also committed to responsible tourism and are an industry leader in sustainable hotel management with our award-winning Green Partnership Program.
We have a 100 year tradition of delivering excellent service in some of the most iconic properties in the world. Our focus on service begins with selecting talented individuals who embody our Brand Promise: Turning moments into memories for our guests