Job description / Role
A leading provider of steel structures to the international energy and construction sectors are currently seeking an General Manager to join their team in Saudi Arabia.
- Develop new business (50% of the role is Business Development)
- Manage a team of 50 people from Finance, Operations, Procurement, Admin, Engineering
- Confer with Design & Engineering manager to discuss project specifications & procedures for projects when required.
- Overlook detailed & accurate proposals/Tenders in line with time frame’s given.
- Review Tender methodology & project budgets
- Consult and/or negotiate with clients for project budgets and specifications.
- Manage and ensure accurate & cost efficient proposals/tenders issued to clients.
- Coordinate & direct projects under your control, setting time frames & allocating sufficient personnel to accomplish engineering deliverable.
- Direct, review & approve engineering drawings/changes for projects.
- Ensure document submittal procedures are tracked & maintained throughout project duration.
- Attend client workshops, project specific meetings as & when required.
- Issue budgets & project specifications on award of contracts.
- Liaise & Assist project team to project completion in order to deliver projects on time & within budget.
- Obtain vendor proposals & review in line with tender documents.
- Assist procurement team in finalizing technical requirements for vendor proposals.
- Review & approve material submissions to insure they are in line with technical requirements of the project.
- Oversee day to day operation of the company
- Maintain Stakeholder relationships
- 10+ years experience.
- 2+ years Middle East market experience.
- Must of had P&L Responsibility
- Experience of steel structures is essential
- Fluent English
- Self starter able to work independently when required.
- Relevant engineering degree or qualification.
About the Company
Swisslinx Middle East is a leading executive search firm in the region. We specialise in recruitment solutions, talent acquisition and career advice across a wide range of markets within the financial services sector.
We are located in the heart of the Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC) which gives us unrivalled access to onshore Middle Eastern clients and candidates. We also partner with clients in London, Zurich, Geneva, Zug, Frankfurt and Paris and have been instrumental in establishing onshore Middle Eastern and Emerging Market teams.
We believe in building long-term relationships with our clients helping them develop successful, sustainable businesses. Transparency, trust and discretion drive the way in which we mediate between clients and candidates and ensure we consistently deliver results.