Job description / Role
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, our financial operations thrive with the commitment of Colleagues and Leaders who model our values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork, Accountability and Excellence. As General Storekeeper, your numerical and leadership skills will form a “perfect balance” in support of your team and our dynamic business
Located just north of the city, Fairmont Riyadh will be part of a new mixed-use development project comprising the hotel, a convention center and commercial real estate space that will house multinational corporations as well as regional companies. The hotel will feature 298 spacious guestrooms, including Fairmont Gold. Guests will enjoy a selection of dining venues as well as spa and fitness facilities. The convention center comprises 4,000 square meters of meeting and function space.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director of Finance & Business Support, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
• Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
• Receive, store and issue of Food, Beverage & General store inventory Items.
• Maintain a proper Par level for all storeroom products.
• Re – ordering of all storeroom items in time.
• Monitoring the expiry date of the store items & inform accordingly to the immediate supervisor.
• Maintaining necessary records with accuracy of information and should follow always FIFO method of issuing.
• Maintaining inventory of supplies on a monthly basis.
• Enter data into inventory records.
• Maintain a high level of cleanness and hygienic standards in all storage areas.
• Perform related duties and responsibilities as required, but are not limited to the above
• Previous experience is an asset
• Ability to develop and build relationships, utilize skills appropriately
• Ability to process information and merchandise through computer system
• Ability to maintain a fair, consistent set of standards as they apply to work force
• Ability to adjust priorities and manage time wisely in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to communicate in a clear, concise, understandable manner, and listen attentively to other colleagues
• Ability to work a full-time schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays as needed
• Ability to handle multi-million AED inventories.
• Strong interpersonal, communication, organization and follow-through skill.
• Physical ability to stand for extended periods, and to move and handle boxes of merchandise and fixtures throughout the store, which entails heavy lifting, and perform all functions as set forth above.
Eligible candidate will be provided visa to have work permit required as per the local law.
About the Company
We are thrilled to embark on an exciting new chapter as Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, and our unrivaled collection of iconic hotels including Fairmont San Francisco, Fairmont The Norfolk, Nairobi, Fairmont Banff Springs, London's The Savoy and the Fairmont Peace Hotel in Shanghai, join AccorHotels Group, one of the world's largest global hotel companies. Together, as a global community of hospitality leaders, we remain committed to cultivating a culture in which our colleagues are encouraged to realize their full potential through rewarding experiences and development opportunities. This exciting growth translates into opportunities, not just to better meet the needs of our guests, but opportunities for you to grow your career within our incredible brands around the world!
With our distinctive hotels around the world - and more in development - our global hospitality brand is renowned for its warm, engaging service and unique, culturally rich experiences. Located in some of the world's most unforgettable destinations, Fairmont's unrivalled collection reflects a sense of heritage, sophistication, and social importance. We are also committed to responsible tourism and are an industry leader in sustainable hotel management with our award-winning Green Partnership Program.
We have a 100 year tradition of delivering excellent service in some of the most iconic properties in the world. Our focus on service begins with selecting talented individuals who embody our Brand Promise: Turning moments into memories for our guests