Job description / Role
Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world's largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco's value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations' spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom's vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
We are seeking a geophysical researcher for Data Acquisition & Robotization Focus area of Geophysics Technology Division of EXPEC Advanced Research Center (ARC).
Acquisition Focus Area develops advances new seismic acquisition technologies working both with in-house development and in collaboration with outside partners (universities and companies). We are looking for the next big opportunities in seismic acquisition to improve both discovery and recovery and we work closely with Aramco users to bring new opportunities to reality. Projects are covered from idea initiation to the full-field commercialization. EXPEC ARC is responsible for all upstream oil and gas technology research and development in Saudi Aramco. EXPEC ARCs vision is to become the preeminent center for subsurface technology researcher and development, globally renowned for invention and innovation.
• Create & Innovate by continuously generating new ideas, methods, products and solutions
• Search for opportunities and solutions in geophysics acquisition technology that can bring significant value to Saudi Aramco
• Work with multiple Saudi Aramco departments to execute all phases of the technology development process including technical justification, contracting, project management, milestone evaluations, field trials, deployment and commercialization.
• Organize collaboration & teamwork by providing appropriate support within own area of expertise
• Constantly keep up-to-date on new geophysical technology by reading technical journals, attending technical meetings, or through outside professional contacts
• Document and present findings internally and externally
• Adhere to Saudi Aramco safety standards and ensure a safe working environment
• 7 years' combined experience in the oil industry, directly related to seismic acquisition from either an operator or service company perspective
• Experience in surface and borehole seismic acquisition for deep or shallow targets
• Familiarity and experience with drone-based geophysical acquisition is highly desired
• Some knowledge of distributed acoustic sensing (DAS) for seismic imaging and monitoring and/or borehole geophysics is considered beneficial
• Expertise in land seismic acquisition is essential
• Experience with sensors and robotics is desired
• Possess skills in both downhole and surface seismic data processing and analysis and good understanding of seismic signal processing and proven ability translate these skills in improved integrated solutions incorporating novel acquisition techniques
• Basic knowledge of seismic inversion and interpretation is beneficial.
• Some experience with geophysical methods required for near surface characterization (seismic, GPR, etc)
• Demonstrate knowledge of the latest developments in seismic technology through work experience, patents, conferences, seminars, and papers in professional journals. You present results and research concepts both internally and externally
• Programming experience (C/C++, Matlab, Python etc.) is preferred
• Knowledge of Machine Learning approaches and their applications for analysis is desired
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world's biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs - one of the largest in the world.
About the Company
Saudi Aramco is an integrated global energy enterprise. The company markets and exports crude oil, petroleum products, natural gas liquids and sulfur. It also ships crude oil worldwide through an affiliated company and participates in petroleum refining and marketing activities at home and abroad. Its overseas affiliates are in the United States, Egypt, the Philippines, the Republic of Korea and Japan.
Saudi Aramco's subsidiaries span the globe, with offices in Houston, Washington, New York, London, Leiden, Dubai, Singapore, Beijing, Hong Kong, Tokyo and Seoul.