Job description / Role
- Capable to deal with various types of rotary machinery hydraulic and mechanical systems
- Drilling all kind of investigation boreholes.
- Ensure equipment and tools delivered to him to be in good status
- Submitting daily field borehole logs
- Ability to write a draft log with all drilling records.
- Carry out general field tests (SPT, DCPT, permeability tests, and pressure meter tests)
- Takes drilling measurements and dimensions.
- Supervises the work of his helpers.
- Troubleshoots drilling and mechanical problems within his capabilities
- Oversees the overall execution of his duties and his helpers in a safe manner.
- Assists the senior mechanic if needed to fix drilling rigs.
- Ensure good performance of equipment and contact drilling supervisor/mechanic for any problem.
- Minimize damage for tools during performing site works
- Ensure good productivity and minimize idle time in projects
- Optimize productivity and decrease idle time and break downs
- Troubleshoot drilling and mechanical problems within his capabilities
- Ensure safety and environmental aspects as instructed by the company
- One year certificate from college or technical school and minimum of five (5) years related experience and / or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to work under pressure.
About the Company
Advanced Construction Technology Services (ACTS) is a multi-disciplinary consultancy firm specialized in construction materials and geotechnology. It was founded in Lebanon the year 1996, with an operating branch in Qatar and KSA; and executing projects within neighboring Middle Eastern countries.
ACTS aims to provide the highest quality testing services, comprehensive consultation and efficient design.