Job description / Role
- Prepares bids, offers and inspects proposed construction site, and ensures proper set up of test equipment and drilling machinery to obtain data on soil and rock samples.
- Oversees drilling and sampling activities to ensure workers safety and accurate data collection.
- Analyzes data and soil samples through field and laboratory analysis to determine type, classification, characteristics, and stability of soil.
- Coordinates with Head of material testing divisions for testing samples for the geotechnical Division and approves cost and schedule of such testing.
- Determines if fault or fractures in soils would be detrimental to construction plans.
- Computes bearing weights and prepares maps, charts, and reports of test results.
- Makes recommendations regarding foundation design, slope angles, grading, or building heights or any other geotechnical related matter.
- Promotes and enhances the market presence of the Geotechnical Division of the company.
- Directly supervises employees in the Geotechnical Division.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training geotechnical employees and drilling technicians and labors ; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees ; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Master’s degree (M.S.) in Geotechnical / Civil Engineering and minimum of Ten years related experience in geotechnical engineering; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to work under pressure.
About the Company
Advanced Construction Technology Services (ACTS) is a multi-disciplinary consultancy firm specialized in construction materials and geotechnology. It was founded in Lebanon the year 1996, with an operating branch in Qatar and KSA; and executing projects within neighboring Middle Eastern countries.
ACTS aims to provide the highest quality testing services, comprehensive consultation and efficient design.