Job description / Role
Work Area: Sales
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That's why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it's the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people's lives.
- The Global Account Executive Expert, commonly known as "Global Account Director (GAD)" is the sales and account lead assigned to one or more Strategic Customers (SCP - top of the GTM pyramid) and helps deepen and expand the SAP engagement with a defined strategic, market-leading, large, global customer.
- He/she is accountable for global revenue growth, the end-to-end satisfaction, and referencability of the customer(s) throughout the customer lifecycle.
- The individual will lead and coordinate SAP's efforts across all lines of business (Sales, Consulting/Services, Active Global Support, development, IVE, IBU, Marketing, and partner management)orchestrating all SAP parties around a single, clear articulated 2-3 year account strategy.
- To drive toward success, the GAD ensures three critical elements are in place: a customer validated multi-year roadmap, an associated account strategy and annual plan, as well as effectively deploying and executing against the customer-SAP agreed governance model (including the assigned Executive Sponsor).
- He/she is ultimately measured by growth in overall revenues, protecting the maintenance base, and increasing the NPS over time. The targets and priorities are set with the Regional SCP Head and that region's MU / COO.
The Global Account Director:
- Orchestrates and leads the execution of the account strategy, incorporating Software, Cloud, Services, Support/Maintenance, Partners and Channels (including OEM).
- Is the Sales lead on the account(s) with primary focus on Cloud and License growth in partnership with Services Sales driving services growth
- Coordinates all customer- facing functions, including executive sponsor engagement, HQ strategy visits, DT workshops, etc., all to achieve tighter more profitable business plans, thus increasing customer satisfaction and further solidifying the GAD's position as a trusted advisor
- Completes long-term business strategy planning and creates the SAP-enabling innovation agenda with the customer
- Drives and identifies co-innovation opportunities, then facilitates moving from pipeline to delivery of the opportunities.
- Develops long term c-level relationships, creates and manages a strong joint SAP-customer governance model, and ensures that the SAP assigned executive sponsor is appropriately engaged
- Leads Integrated Account Planning and ensures that SAP footprint is expanded with involvement of all relevant LOB's and strategic engagement with SI partners
- Proactively identifies customer problems and proposes SAP solutions in addition to those already identified
- Influences and leads a virtual team of resources from various LoBs, functions and geographies.
- Drives revenue growth across all SAP LOBs throughout the customer lifecycle
- Creates barriers to entry for competitors, protecting SAP's customer base
- Drives adoption of and protecting premium support services (MaxAttention )
- Provides leadership around Value management and Value realization, enabling connection of Value Engineering methodologies and business transformation practices to (Business) Consulting delivery
- 10+ years of business experience in Sales or Consulting with complex business software / IT solutions
- 5+ years of deep industry/domain expertise
- 5+ years of Large Account Management experience / leading account teams
- Strong knowledge of the complete SAP offering (including Service and Support)
- Several years as (Associate) Partner at System Integrator (e.g. AC) or
- Several years of Business Consulting Management or Value Engineering
- Knowledge of financial, competitive, regulatory environment (as applicable)
- Experience with long term planning of resources, technology and account structure
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Business level English: Fluent
- Local language: Fluent, Business Level
- 2-5 years professional experience
- 1-3+ years of accounting, treasury or finance experience or in required field (payroll, commissions, billing, banking, cash management, etc)
- Good understanding of IFRS accounting issues and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements and local accounting skills.
- Experience with SAP ERP preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
Contracts: Requires a general understanding of software license contracts and delivery of associated services; 3 to 5 years' experience with software/software related services terms & conditions negotiation.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATION / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Bachelor equivalent: yes
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you're searching for a company that's dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment - apply now .
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities.
About the Company
Headquartered in Walldorf, Germany, SAP is the world's largest business software company with more than 51,500 employees at sales and development locations in more than 50 countries worldwide.
Our global development approach focuses on distributing development across the world in strategically important markets. A global network of SAP Labs spanning Bulgaria, Canada, China, Germany, Hungary, India, Israel, and the United States, enables SAP to operate locally, yet organize globally.
As the global technology research unit of SAP, SAP Research significantly contributes to SAP's product portfolio and extends SAP's leading position by identifying and shaping emerging IT trends through applied research and corporate venturing. SAP Research has highly skilled teams in 11 research centers worldwide.