Job description / Role
Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world's largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco's value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations' spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom's vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
We are seeking a Global Communication & Engagement Specialist to join the Technology Strategy & Planning Department (TS&PD).
TS&PD is responsible for driving and promoting stakeholder engagement for Aramco's sustainability technologies.
The Global Communication & Engagement Specialist's primary role is to establish and manage effective systems and platforms, and to develop content in order to promote the company's sustainability technologies and thought leadership.
- Translate corporate and business strategies into communications and stakeholder engagement strategies.
- Build and deliver annual communication and engagement plans for internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop communication content (speeches, key notes, articles, audio-visual content) for use in stakeholder platforms and international forums related to climate change, energy, environmental stewardship, etc.
- Build and manage agency relationships, develop scopes of work, and manage work programs.
- Monitor and report on relevant global mega trends.
- Monitor and report on key stakeholder groups' trends and expectations.
- Monitor, integrate and reflect corporate and business strategies.
- Monitor and report upon corporate and national competitiveness in sustainability technologies.
- Facilitate translation of technical narratives into consumer-oriented communications and messaging that meaningful and relevant to a broad array of stakeholders.
- Align, promote and support corporate communication efforts.
- Provide hands-on coordination and management of workshops and international events.
- Establish and manage an internal communication governance system, with periodic strategic reviews and bi-weekly tactical reviews.
- Bachelor's degree Business Administration, Strategic Communications, Public Affairs, Journalism, Media, or related field. A Master's is preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in strategic communication and public affairs.
- Strong analytical capacity, with the ability to address complex challenges and contexts.
- Demonstrated confidence with a high level of integrity and collaboration (team player).
- Strong interpersonal and diplomatic communication skills, with a high degree of emotional intelligence and empathy.
- Astute social media user and content developer.
- At ease and effective with C-suite leaders, SME's and working-level partners.
- Hands-on self-starter, with an engaging "can do" attitude.
- Ability to work and deliver under pressure and to effectively overcome adversity.
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world's biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs - one of the largest in the world.
About the Company
Saudi Aramco is an integrated global energy enterprise. The company markets and exports crude oil, petroleum products, natural gas liquids and sulfur. It also ships crude oil worldwide through an affiliated company and participates in petroleum refining and marketing activities at home and abroad. Its overseas affiliates are in the United States, Egypt, the Philippines, the Republic of Korea and Japan.
Saudi Aramco's subsidiaries span the globe, with offices in Houston, Washington, New York, London, Leiden, Dubai, Singapore, Beijing, Hong Kong, Tokyo and Seoul.