Global Oil Supply/Demand Specialist
Job description / Role
Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world's largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco's value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations' spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom's vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
Saudi Aramco is seeking for a Global Oil Supply Specialist to join the Global Analysis Department and work in the Global Outlook Group within the Strategy & Market Analysis (SMA) Organization.
The core function of the SMA organization is to advise the company's management and guide other departments within the company on energy markets and outlooks, macroeconomic outlook, oil pricing, international energy policies and regulations, and economic evaluations as well as assist in business planning and strategy formulation.
The Global Oil Supply Specialist's primary role will be to provide Corporate Management as well as other organizations within the company with global oil supply outlooks in the short-, medium- and long-terms using a bottom-up approach, and forecast the call on Saudi Aramco crude oil production. The specialist will also monitor current and future regulations to identify possible impacts on the Company's oil business as well as be capable of running sophisticated models (in-house) for forecasting.
- Analyzing the supply side of the global and regional oil market, understanding the issues surrounding liquids' supply and their trade flows, as well as the implications for the company's main markets and operations.
- Developing robust short, medium, and long-term liquids supply forecasts on country by country basis taking into consideration factors that are likely to impact supply such as fiscal, investment, political environments, and nature of assets and decline rates.
- Delivering detailed country analysis encompassing the factors that affect the country's oil supply such as commercial developments, reserves growth, other discoveries, infrastructure issues, marketed crude streams and crude quality outlook.
- Analyzing well, field, and basin reports to determine production statistics and results.
- Understanding and evaluating fiscal oil regimes, contractual structures and upstream project economics and marginal barrel production and replacement costs.
- Developing and maintaining oil supply databases and models including non-OPEC and OPEC countries.
- Providing analysis, and interpretation of own and third-party oil supply forecasts in high-quality written reports using Word and PowerPoint.
- Identifying, analyzing and reporting global industry trends and regional trends.
- Providing in-depth tracking of information, news flows and consultancies' reports on macroeconomic, energy and company-related coverage.
- Developing, maintaining and utilizing an extensive external network of contacts including strategic advisors, investment banks, international and national oil and gas companies, think tanks, academics, and consultants.
- Responding to queries regarding specific supply related topics.
- Representing SMA and GAD in Saudi Aramco events in order to increase employee understanding of the energy industry.
- Bachelor's Degree in Petroleum Engineering or related specialty from a leading university
- Master's Degree in Petroleum Engineering, Petroleum Economics, Geology or closely related specialty. MBA, Masters of Energy Economics or PhD desirable.
- Knowledge of the energy industry, in particular the oil & gas upstream sector gained from a minimum of 15 years' experience. The candidate must have a strong understanding of the technical/fundamental drivers in upstream oil and gas. Five or more years of relevant modeling and forecasting experience with a large oil consultancy and at least 10 years of industry experience.
- Proven ability to interface and effectively communicate with industry and non-industry personnel at all levels within the organization and with outside experts.
- Strong written and oral communication skills to individuals and groups from diverse professional backgrounds at all levels both within the organization and externally.
- Ability to work effectively with minimum supervision and on relatively unstructured tasks.
- Hands-on person who will immediately achieve the professional respect of others possessing long-time practical experience of working in or serving the refining and petrochemical industry.
- Ability to work with multidisciplinary teams producing reports, studies and presentations that are pivotal in shaping the management's decisions.
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world's biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs - one of the largest in the world.
About the Company
Saudi Aramco is an integrated global energy enterprise. The company markets and exports crude oil, petroleum products, natural gas liquids and sulfur. It also ships crude oil worldwide through an affiliated company and participates in petroleum refining and marketing activities at home and abroad. Its overseas affiliates are in the United States, Egypt, the Philippines, the Republic of Korea and Japan.
Saudi Aramco's subsidiaries span the globe, with offices in Houston, Washington, New York, London, Leiden, Dubai, Singapore, Beijing, Hong Kong, Tokyo and Seoul.