Job description / Role
The position holder will lead the government affairs and policy initiatives in Saudi, Bahrain, Iraq & Kuwait. He or she will set policy strategy, drive company government affairs initiatives, and advise on a broad range of governmental, policy and regulatory issues. The role will report Directly to the BHGE VP for the region.
- Develop and implement a strategic approach to BHGE engagement with government entities in Saudi, Bahrain, Iraq & Kuwait.
- Lead internal teams on government affairs initiatives, implementing actions vis-a-vis government institutions and regulatory agencies in a wide range of areas including energy, healthcare, transportation, environmental regulations, international trade, finance/capital, and intellectual property.
- Provide expert advice on the workings of the government institutions and decision-making procedures and changes in government players.
- Support sales to governments by helping sales teams tailor bids to government needs, marshalling government support and advocacy for bids, and utilizing governmental financing
- Identify and quantify top governmental issues for the company and achieve results on those issues and opportunities
- Undergraduate and/or graduate degree preferably in law, political science, or public policy.
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience working on government affairs matters, including significant relevant experience with a government, global corporation and/or with an international law or consultancy firm.
- Strong relationships with government officials and influencers and the demonstrated potential to build such relationships.
- Deep knowledge of institutions, regulation, policies and priorities and decision processes in both Saudi Arabia & Bahrain.
- Previous experience in the area of transnational support and funding programs would be a significant advantage.
- Ability to cope with pressure and multiple deadlines.
- Issue advocacy and influencing skills with track record of successful application on behalf of a corporation or government
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, and to lay out clear, logical and implementable game plans
- Proven ability to execute effectively on priority tasks and responsibilities, including linking details to broad outcomes
- Ability to build excellent working relationships within a matrix environment at all levels of the organization
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers.
About the Company
GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company, dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and oil and gas, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 300,000 people worldwide.
GE's Oil & Gas business is a leader in the development and delivery of advanced product and service offerings for the global oil and gas industry. As a consequence of the rapid expansion of its technology base, GE's Oil & Gas is capable of addressing the largest and most complex engineering and application challenges entirely from its own worldwide resources. So whether it's the world's largest LNG compression trains, re-injection of high sulfur gas, enhancing the safety and productivity of the world's oil and gas pipelines, or equipment for the production of oil and gas from harsh environments, GE is leading the charge.