Government Relations Officer
Eurasian Resources Group - ERG
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Job description / Role
• Liaising with municipality, economic department and any other government departments in relation to trade license and immigration matters
• Keeping abreast with current labour/immigration laws and update the HR staff on any changes
• Keep the HR team informed of significant problems that may jeopardise the achievement of company goals.
• Responding to staff enquiries on visa/labour/passport matters
• Directs the preparation and maintenance of reports as are necessary to carry out the function of immigration. Prepares periodic reports for management or relevant authorities, as required.
• Monitors the implementation of an improvement process for all immigration& labour records to be tracked and maintained through the company system.
• Directs the preparation and maintenance with respect to visa documentation related to new starters, leavers, transfers and renewals.
• Organizes attestation of certificates and legal translation of documents and other activities related to immigration and labour.
• Oversees the implementation of the immigration & labour responsibilities of the company in Saudi. Monitors administration to establish standards and procedures. Identifies opportunities for improvement and resolves any discrepancies.
• Provides advice to management on local and government services.
• Protect the interest of the company in accordance with governmental authorities, laws and regulation.
• Coordinate with outside counsel and third-party vendors regarding immigration issues
• Communicates with various government agencies for certification of documents and coordinates with third parties on documentation needs;
• Minimum 5 years of experience in government relations.
• Excellent English & Arabic communication skills.
• Knowledge of government laws and regulations.
• Negotiation skills.
• Advanced interpersonal skills.
• Preferably a graduate.
About the Company
Eurasian Resources Group (ERG) is a leading diversified natural resources group with integrated mining, processing, energy, logistics and marketing operations. It operates in 15 countries on four continents and is represented by more than 85,000 people, which makes the Group one of the largest employers in the global industry.