Job description / Role
We are looking for Government Relations Officer based in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. The role is for Saudi Nationals only.
- Liaising with municipality, economic department and any other government departments in relation to Trade Licence and immigration matters
- Keeping abreast with current labour/ immigration laws and update the HR staff on any changes
- Keep the HR team informed of significant problems that may jeopardise the achievement of company goals.
- Responding to staff enquiries on visa/labour/passport matters
- Directs the preparation and maintenance of reports as are necessary to carry out the function of immigration. Prepares periodic reports for management or relevant authorities, as required.
- Monitors the implementation of an improvement process for all immigration& labour records to be tracked and maintained through the company system.
- Directs the preparation and maintenance with respect to visa documentation related to new starters, leavers, transfers and renewals.
- Organises attestation of certificates and legal translation of documents and other activities related to immigration and labour.
- Oversees the implementation of the immigration & labour responsibilities of the company in Saudi. Monitors administration to establish standards and procedures. Identifies opportunities for improvement and resolves any discrepancies.
- Provides advice to management on local and government services.
- Protect the interest of the company in accordance with governmental authorities, laws and regulation.
- Strengthen the relationship with public agencies through events engaging the community
- Coordinate with outside counsel and third party vendors regarding immigration issues
- Communicates with various government agencies for certification of documents and coordinates with third parties on documentation needs;
- Other duties as requested from time to time.
- Educated to High school level (as a minimum)
- 5 - 7 years local experience liaising with Immigration, Labour department and other government departments for all employee affairs
- Good knowledge of Saudi labour and immigration rules
- Good communication skills
- Good command of English and Arabic both oral and written
- Excellent problem solving and quality control skills;
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Proactive and responsible
- Computer skills (Microsoft office).
SNC-Lavalin Projects and O&M Services is a business unit of SNC-Lavalin Group. We provide a full range of project management, programme management, construction management, engineering services, consulting services and operation and maintenance services across the MENA region. Active in the Middle East for over 40 years, we have offices in the Saudi Arabia, UAE, Qatar, Oman, and Egypt. for transportation and other infrastructure programmes.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions - including PPP, capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance to international clients. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com/ .
Catch up on sustainability
What does sustainability mean to SNC-Lavalin and what does it look like within engineering and construction?
Read our articles for the latest insight
Find out more
Find out more about life at
SNC - Lavalin
You'll be working to change the world. No matter where you are in the world, your opportunities with us are endless.
We work on global projects that take on today's most pressing challenges. From population growth, to increasing transportation needs, and climate change - we merge ingenuity, knowledge and technology to uplift communities and drive a safer, better tomorrow.
Find out more
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).