Job description / Role
Line of Service
Internal Firm Services
IFS - Human Capital (HC)
Job Description & Summary
A career in Human Resources, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference at PwC by helping to fully leverage the skills and talents of all our people. You'll focus on helping the local offices in driving the Firm's people strategy, creating a unique people experience for each individual, and supporting our Firm wide values by working with the core competencies that measure and drive individual and Firm wide success in the marketplace.
It takes talented people to support the largest professional services organisation in the world. In joining our recruiting team, you'll identify and attract talent for PwC. You'll focus on engaging and hiring the most promising college students from campus and university. You'll build on campus relationships with job seekers and candidates, while understanding the dynamic hiring needs of each business.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Reports recruitment information & statistics to key internal clients, for purpose of tracking cost, time & source of hire and to keep them informed of progress on recruitment
- Ensures that cost efficient options are explored for interviewing candidates
Knowledge and Skills
- Experience and proficiency in recruitment technology is essential
- Experience and expertise of selection techniques including competency based interviewing and running assessment centres is essential
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong customer service orientation with ability to use patience and diplomacy to handle issues
- 5+ years of recruitment experience essential
- Professional Services and / or Big 4 expertise and knowledge is ideal (otherwise work for a large international business)
- Knowledge and experience of the Middle East Region is required
- Experience sourcing candidates with professional services experience, internationally as well as across the Middle East is essential
- Proficiency in spoken and written English and Arabic
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Psychology or Business Management is an advantage
- Professional Human Resources certification or Recruitment qualifications is an advantage (i.e CIPD, Level A/B Psychometric Testing)
Learning and Growth
- Supports improvements in the HC Operating model, specifically the increased delivery of standardised services. Looks for areas of continuous improvement across the Recruitment & Global Mobility function
- Promotes collaboration, trust and improvement between team members and across the People Team
- Works on specific projects related to HR initiatives as assigned
- Develops and promotes the PwC people value proposition within recruitment; Interview and test candidates using the standard competency based recruitment model and employing psychometric testing within selection
- Manages the end to end recruitment process in line with Global PwC standards and metrics
- Collects data for recruitment reporting needs in a timely manner
- Finalises job descriptions with Partners and Directors
- Sources experienced candidates from multiple sources, liaising with PwC Recruitment teams in other locations to share information and minimize duplication of effort
About the Company
At PwC Middle East, we’ve set out an ambitious purpose and strive to live it everyday: to solve important problems and build trust in society.
We’re a community of solvers that come together in unexpected ways to build trust and create sustained outcomes. We solve important problems, support one another as we grow, develop and build fulfilling careers.
PwC provides industry-focused services for public and private clients across Assurance and Audit, Deals, Consulting, Tax and Legal. We draw on our development legacy that brings together the collective experience of over 7,000 people in our region with offices across 12 countries to solve for tomorrow.
We’re striving to consistently deliver innovative work that builds trust and delivers sustained outcomes. And we’re proud of the strength that comes from all our diﬀerent backgrounds and experiences and we value everyone’s uniqueness. We thrive in uncertainty, operate with integrity and leverage the diverse perspectives of our teams.
If you’re looking for a place that fuels your ambition to make a difference, that matches your curiosity with continuous learning opportunities and reimagines ways of working to enable you to lead a more balanced life, then you’re a future PwCer.