Job description / Role
Do you want to help build a world-class institution from the region, experience the thrill of being part of a high-growth technology company, and improve people's lives?
There is only one way to build an awesome institution: to attract exceptionally talented people who are aligned with the mission of the organisation and make them partners in success. At Careem, our mission is to simplify the lives of people, initially through solutions that make transportation in the region reliable, and over time, through disruptions in payments and logistics. In the process, we want to build an organisation that inspires and become a world-class institution from the region.
We have had a phenomenal start. Founded in 2012 by former entrepreneurs and McKinsey alums, Careem is an innovative transportation service operational in 19 cities from Morocco to Pakistan. With 30% monthly growth, we are one of the fastest growing companies in the region. Our recipe for success has been a team that thrives on challenges, is passionate about solving problems, is not afraid to work super hard, and is a true partner in the company through generous stock option grants. We have attracted strong regional and international investors and are positioned on the cusp of significant scale. Read more about us in the New York Times or Arabian Business.
We are seeking a graphic designer who will directly work with the marketing team and operational managers to develop creative ideas and concepts. Artworks will be created for various platforms: digital marketing, social media posts, promotional items, print and outdoor advertising.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Continuously create and adapt trending styles to meet the brand's guidelines, needs and objectives.
- Proactively acquire a creative flair, up-to-date knowledge of industry software and a professional approach to time, costs, and deadlines.
- Continuously modify branding guidelines and documents style guides, communicate them and ensure compliance to guidelines.
- Simultaneously manage multiple design briefs.
- Work closely with marketers to discuss the business objectives and requirements of the job.
- Estimate the time required to complete requests.
- Develop design briefs that suit the task purpose.
- Think creatively to produce new ideas and concepts and develop interactive design.
- Use innovation to redefine a design brief within the constraints of cost and time.
- Present finalised ideas and concepts to the team and other stakeholders.
- Work with a range of media, including computer-aided design (CAD) and keeping up to date with emerging technologies.
- Proofread to produce accurate and high-quality work.
- Demonstrate illustrative skills with rough sketches and working on layouts ready for print.
- Commission illustrators and photographers on certain projects.
- Work as part of a team with printers, copywriters, photographers, stylists, illustrators, other designers, web developers and marketeers.
- Proactively seek and identify local, regional and global graphic design trends and best practices, then promote and spread best practices among marketing team members, leadership and the rest of the organization.
- Minimum of 2-4 years in design industry.
- Strong Graphic Design skills with experience in print and digital media.
- Good working experience in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Premiere or AfterEffects.
- Able to work with Vector graphics, video editing with experience in motion graphics and can source out images using stock photo sites.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision and can meet deadlines.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work in a team environment and autonomously.
- Appropriate written and verbal skills in Arabic and English.
We offer an attractive total compensation package, with emphasis on equity compensation, excellent health benefits and monthly Careem credits. You will have a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing company on the ground floor and shape its direction.
About the Company
We are a brand that aims to simplify people's lives by revolutionizing the transportation industry. A brand that strives to inspire everyone it interacts with, and supports every single person who dares to believe. #BeCareem
Careem is the MENA region's leading ride-hailing service and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in 50+ cities across 11 countries and host over 6 million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by 2018.