Group Chief Marketing Officer (GCMO) with Transportation Group
Job description / Role
Group Chief Marketing Officer (GCMO) with Transportation Group in Riyadh, KSA
• Oversee development and delivery of marketing and communications strategy for Group.
• Develop opportunities that drive substantial growth in awareness, relevance, reach, and revenue.
• Work cross-functionally to understand and drive revenue and engagement needs and goals of group,
• Develop and help execute an integrated marketing and communication plan.
• Lead best-practice mentality for use of data, research, metrics, and analytics
• Review overall marketing strategy and efforts to enhance the brand.
• Thought-leader for Company brand - public image; marketing/advertising strategy, marketing communications; media relations; campaigns and marketing metrics.
• Expand marketing efforts products by leading creation and distribution of content.
• Work with Subject Matter Experts to create/edit marketing content - web content, blogs, media articles, presentations.
• Oversee a comprehensive communications strategy that enhances the company brand.
• Identify target audiences and sources to build and expand awareness.
• Ensure team works cross-functionally to define content
• Oversee content database with stakeholders & external vendors on content creation and editing.
• Manage vendor contracts and procurement process through supply chain.
• Manage all aspects of marketing planning, budgeting, metrics and reporting including meeting with each business line head of the group companies to ensure marketing plans are in lockstep with growth and profitability goal
• Supervise the measurement, analysis and constant improvement in correlations between brand, marketing, customer insights, business intelligence and demonstrated sales results
• Monitor tracking metrics and success criteria
• Ensure team partner and collaborate with Senior Leadership to shape the business and brand strategy.
• Align with VP Sales to bridge and build synergies between Marketing and Sales functions to include developing an integrated approach with customer experience (CRM and branch).
• Manage relationship with external marketing partners such as agencies and consultants
• Enhance/capitalize on overall digital presence including website, search engine optimization, social media, etc.
• Leverage group’s brand and serve timely and relevant content to support sales goals and customer needs Guide development of premium content to enable sales team to emphasize and promote group to prospects and customers.
• Monitor success of social media programs and campaigns that drive awareness and engagement with target audiences
• Ensure creation and scheduling of social media posts that drive compelling digital conversations with followers and influencers, and drive lead generation through social channels.
• Manage social media strategy and plan to deliver social metrics with business impact.
• Manage the overall social media editorial calendar and curate and publish content daily.
• Monitor conversations across social media and address important mentions in real-time through engagement, escalation, or documentation.
• Review regular reports on competitive analysis, audience growth, engagement and trends.
• Evaluate emerging social channels, features, applications, platforms, tools and strategies.
• Supervise the work with designers to ensure graphic content is engaging and appealing
• Manage the lifecycle; ideate, create, design and deliver marketing materials (web pages, emails, video assets, banner, presentation graphics, event assets and other interactive content) from concept through production.
• Supervise creation of digital marketing content, graphics, videos, animation for social media, web, digital marketing materials from concept to complete production.
• Review work on corporate marketing materials, event assets, brand materials and presentations.
• Manage design concepts, including layout, composition, typography, color in each graphic project assigned.
• Monitor projects from concept to completion with accuracy and excellent follow-through
• Monitor planning and execution of multiple events (industry trade shows, conferences, corporate events and others) from planning to post-event activities and ensure seamless project management across cross functional teams.
• Review budget reports and metrics and analyze for each event.
• Supervise events calendar - corporate tradeshows, regional seminars, customer engagement events and webinars.
• Manage all aspects of virtual and in-person event planning and coordination, including planning and executing the lead gen strategy, creation of digital and print marketing materials, event messaging, vendor relations, travel, registration, onsite set-up and dismantle
• Oversee the promotion of events on social media, email and other channels.
• Ensure event leads are collected for each event and imported into databases in a timely manner.
• Develop the budget and lead all aspects of measuring and analyzing ROI, resource investment and prioritization.
• Track event results and metrics to measure success and investment, optimizing events as needed.
• Supervise the products' positioning and benefits to target customers and to support sales efforts in driving revenue is communicated to all the stakeholders.
• Manage product / service development lifecycle; Ideate, check feasibility, prepare the concept, develop product / service, test the service and launch.
• Ensure understanding target customer needs and competitive landscape is well known amongst team members to define messaging, value propositions for each product and each target customer segment.
• Review a wide range of marketing content such as product web pages, datasheets, technical white papers, social content for target buyers.
• Support sales teams with content, customer presentations and event participation.
• Analyze an "outside in" perspective to Company products/services by understanding and collecting customer data, competitors and the broader marketplace, and consolidating the information into actionable items and reports.
• Lead target customer research studies to ascertain positioning/advantages for the product/solution versus competitive offerings, analyze results and provide recommendations for enhanced positioning and sales tools.
• Manage the service / product's positioning and features and the competitive landscape.
• Own day-to-day operations of marketing process/workflows and ensure creation of scalable processes
• Manage technical aspects of various sales and marketing systems
• Establish and maintain scalable processes to ensure best practices in campaigns.
• Analyze systems' data to develop insights and make recommendations on areas for optimization.
• Ensure that business/revenues grow and monitor, while fostering strategic and long-term partnerships in the process.
• Have key / strategic client base expand by breaking into new sectors
• Supervise prospecting and qualifying leads before handing them off to the sales team to nurture the relationship and close the deal which is crucial in keeping Company revenue engine running and creating long-term value.
• Manage improvement in operations planning, attending meetings with strategic customers and aligning with partners for key business development.
• Train teams to build strong relationships with customers, vendors, sales and marketing teams.
• Supervise in-depth knowledge development of Company offerings, enabling team to identify profitable business opportunities and research emerging trends and recommend new offering (product/services) to satisfy customer needs.
• Lead the overall customer loyalty and retention strategy
• Liaise with agencies and other external vendors to develop customer contact strategies
• Design marketing campaigns aimed at retention and value preservation
• Understand and influence customer behavior through meaningful communications
• Establish effective communication by implementing strategic use of information, processes, technology, and people
• Draft, implement, and execute policies and procedures to facilitate a quality customer service experience.
• Establish performance metrics for customer service representatives.
• Establish service levels and requirements for the department.
• Develop and implement methods to record, assess, and analyze customer feedback.
• Develop and implement training and quality assurance programs for new hires and experienced employees.
• Responsible for end-to-end commercial performance and delivery of KPIs.
• Responsible for Opex management, including planning, control and ensuring efficiency of spend.
• Support Budget planning process and centrally own and track target / KPI performance.
• Manage market analysis for benchmarking and to identify best practice
• Set the framework to attain customer feedback from category supervisor
• Support product & BD manager in development and launching of new product/service and continually strengthen companies value propositions.
• Actively participate in the service development committee.
• Attend service development committee to evaluate new product viability, feasibility and marketability.
• Maintain communication with customers to stay updated on new trends and products needed / demand.
• Ensure to establish sales commission plans for the sales team to motivate them to sell.
• Align with HR department to review sales incentive programs
• Manage preference test, which measures the market acceptance and present the finalized service to the customer.
• 18 years of experience as Chief Marketing Officer, Commercial VP or a Director or Senior Director in a large multinational or local logistics, transport, fleet Management, or other large local / multinational companies.
• 15 years of experience in supervising and managing sales, marketing, after sales functions.
• Bachelor Degree and Master Degree (preferred) in marketing, business administration, transportation or operation management or a similar domain.
• Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
• Proven experience in working with senior management, CEOs & Presidents.
• Experience in using, implementation and enhancing CRM.
• Experience in developing profitable strategy, implementing objectives and targets.
• Training and certification on in sales, marketing, loyalty & retention, customer care, product management, market research, commercial strategy, customer experience, etc.
• Should have managed B2B / B2C sales, marketing and after sales functions in a large-scale transport/fleet/logistics company or such functions in a large renowned
• Extensive knowledge of the transportation and logistics industry or sector in a large local or multinational organization.
• Proven managerial and leadership skills to build cohesive and collaborative teams.
• Managed P&L of a company or a sector in a company leading it towards higher growth and customer satisfaction.
• Challenge driven, result oriented and problem solver.
• Leadership skills, including the ability to manage time effectively and handle both internal and external conflicts.
About the Company
For over 15 years Omni International Consultants has supplied high caliber personnel to the global Construction, Aviation, Banking, Logistics, IT, Hospitality, Healthcare, Oil/Gas & Manufacturing sectors.
We specialize in recruiting the highest quality, right-fit professional and have helped many candidates find their ideal opportunity.
Our Head Office is located in Bangkok, Thailand and we have 6 liaison offices located in the UK, Australia, UAE, India (Mumbai & Delhi) and Rayong, Thailand.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
|Saudi Arabia||5 May|