Job description / Role
Reporting to the Director of Communications (DOC), the Assistant Communications Manager is responsible for assisting with facilitating all Hotel, F&B and Leisure related marketing communications to the external customer. Additionally, entry-level exposure to the domain of Marketing is integrated into the position with working through a creative agency, including assisting with the development of creative briefs, copy writing assistance and assisting with campaign executions. The position also entails assisting with the gathering of promotional information, internal event photo shoots, the preparation of the consolidated monthly activities calendars and the maintenance of the hotel’s website. The Assistant Communications Manager is responsible for the social media tactical for the hotel. The ability to comfortably interact with key departments and suppliers- combined with excellent time management skills; multi-tasking abilities and attention to detail are essential criteria for this position..
Summary of Responsibilities:
- To assist the Director of Communications, Communications F&B Manager, Director of Sales & Marketing, Rooms and F&B and Leisure departments with communications campaigns as required
- To assist the DOC in ensuring hotel and brand standards are adhered to in all written forms of communication, either issued by the hotel or the media including guestroom collateral, in-room TV system, hotel showcases, outlet collateral and public area brochure racks.
- To Assist DOC in putting and conducting hotels strategies to achieve financial targets
- To assist with updating and regularly reviewing all hotel outlet and health club information within the hotel’s collateral, e.g. fact sheets, TV directory, in-room directory, website.
- To maintain and update the hotel material on the hotel website.
- To collate all monthly marketing communications promotion
- To work with the DOC for the development of sales and hotel giveaways
- To assist with the management of the internal photo library
- To assist with the financial management for the communications department by obtaining estimates from suppliers and raising LPOs
- To assist with the development of ad hoc collateral items as required
- To assist with marketing collaterals for Sales and Marketing events
- To assist with the development of internal signage
- To provide other support to DOC as required.
- To provide other support to communications team when requested by DOC
- Minimum 2 to 3 years’ experience in Marketing/Communications, preferably in a hotel environment.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, MS Access (or other database-management program), and Photoshop.
- The successful candidate will be an extremely organized, detail-oriented, professional, and a self-motivated team-player with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to work well under pressure in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills required
- University education preferred
- Experience with/contacts within UAE Marketing /PR market is an asset
- Agency experience is an asset
- Second language (Arabic) is an asset
Visa Requirements: Candidate selection will be based on visa availability at Makkah Clock Royal Tower, A Fairmont Hotel. We will assist successful applicants with the visa process and provide flights and accommodation
Living & Working at Fairmont Makkah: Satisfying our Guests is important to us, and we extend these values to our colleagues as well. We offer competitive salaries, top market service charge, gratuities, quality medical benefits and furnished accommodation. It is important to note that there are currently no income taxes in the Saudi Arabia! Makkah Clock Royal Tower-A Fairmont Hotel offers you an unparalleled opportunity to provide top-tier hospitality and spiritual service to visitors of the holiest city in the world for Muslims.
Apply Today: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment.
About Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
About the Company
We are thrilled to embark on an exciting new chapter as Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, and our unrivaled collection of iconic hotels including Fairmont San Francisco, Fairmont The Norfolk, Nairobi, Fairmont Banff Springs, London's The Savoy and the Fairmont Peace Hotel in Shanghai, join AccorHotels Group, one of the world's largest global hotel companies. Together, as a global community of hospitality leaders, we remain committed to cultivating a culture in which our colleagues are encouraged to realize their full potential through rewarding experiences and development opportunities. This exciting growth translates into opportunities, not just to better meet the needs of our guests, but opportunities for you to grow your career within our incredible brands around the world!
With our distinctive hotels around the world - and more in development - our global hospitality brand is renowned for its warm, engaging service and unique, culturally rich experiences. Located in some of the world's most unforgettable destinations, Fairmont's unrivalled collection reflects a sense of heritage, sophistication, and social importance. We are also committed to responsible tourism and are an industry leader in sustainable hotel management with our award-winning Green Partnership Program.
We have a 100 year tradition of delivering excellent service in some of the most iconic properties in the world. Our focus on service begins with selecting talented individuals who embody our Brand Promise: Turning moments into memories for our guests
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Marketing & Communication Manager
Field Marketing Manager - Corporate Marketing
|Saudi Arabia||30 Jan|
Director of Marketing, Communication and Events - Education