Job description / Role
Guest Relation Supervisor
Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts (MH&R) is in the "moments" business. We're intimately involved in important times in our guests lives. And you never know when a moment can be made. A simple smile in the lobby can create the positivity that turns a business trip into a new business celebration. An insider tip on the best way to spend a day can make an entire holiday. A romantic dinner for two can lead to a longer term partnership.
It doesn't take much to make a moment. Just to be genuine. And human. And warm. And take steps to do the ordinary in an extraordinary way.
We understand that this vision cannot be achieved without great people who create and support work environments designed to produce exceptional results.
• Under the guidance and supervision of the Front Office & Director of Rooms and within the limits of the established Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts policies and OSM (Operational Standards Manual), his/her responsibilities are to ensure all guests are given a personalized warm, friendly, courteous and efficient service at the Main Reception and to ensure all aspects of the department are handled efficiently and effectively.
• Strong accent is to be given to the hospitality towards the guest. This is ensured through maximum recognition and attention from arrival through departure.
• He/she is the "haven" for all sorts of problems that might occur to guests and therefore the first problem solver.
• This involves a high degree of accurate communication skills between the departments involved.
• Close coordination between all involved departments, e.g. Front Office, Housekeeping, Recreation as well as Food and Beverage regarding guest needs
• Assisting his/her supervisor in implementing, supervising and adhering to the Operational Standards as well as the Hotel's internal procedures for guest treatment
• Must be thoroughly familiar with Front Office and Recreation procedures as well as with related Mövenpick Operational Standards,
• He/she recognizes arising guest problems and complaints early enough to satisfy the guest as early as possible to reach the target of "zero complaints".
Key Deliverables and Responsibilities
Planning & Organizing:
• Organization of Repeat Guest filing administration
• Up-keeping of Hotel/Guest Information booklets and pamphlets.
• Cooperation with Housekeeping / F&B and Front Office.
• Room allocation, identify guest needs.
• MIPs & RIPs preparation.
• Awareness of outside activities/recreation etc.
• Perform as per OSM Standards and in line with the Company's Values and Core Behaviours.
• Be fully aware of the daily information and activities.
• Properly groomed at all times
• Drive "Cherish" and Guest targets to be met.
• Show fullest cooperation and respect within the team and other departments
• Prepare for daily VIPs arrivals in terms of room allocation, amenities and special requests of Guests.
• Keep welcome pack ready for VIP arrival (Reg.-cards, room keys, welcome drink)
• Register and process check in/out for all VIPs guests efficiently and professionally, alert FOM & MOD on arrival.
• Escort VIP guests to their rooms.
• Greet all guests upon arrivals and departure.
• To effectively handle all guest complaints concerning the Front Office in coordination with the Front Office Manager, taking corrective action to prevent recurrence and convert the guest into a repeat customer.
• Coordinate proper actions with other departments, informs General Manager.
• Effectively handle any emergency situation in absence of HOD's
• Update guest information into the computer after a complete check in.
• Good knowledge of cashiering duties, foreign exchange transactions, and settlement upon Guests' departure.
• Updating RGR (Repeated Guest Ratio) report on daily basis.
• Provide friendly sand courteous service to guest and respond promptly to all requests and inquiries at all time
• Resolve guests complaints/ requests and liaise with the department concerned to ensure immediately follow up.
• Handle issuance of guest room key cards and ensure effective control for guest security.
• Follow up with Concierge regarding shuttle Bus timings.
• Daily courteous calls to VIP rooms, so too with other guests.
• Report any unusual occurrences or requested to manager.
• Be aware of the hotel accident Prevention Policies.
• Review log book, verify outstanding and follow up pending. Identify if any special assignment for the day
• Re-announce VIP rooms to Housekeeping and F&B departments.
• To arrange for bouquets, cake and cards in case of guest's anniversary and birthdays.
• Check VIP rooms after amenities are placed.
• File daily guest relations report and documents systematically.
• At the end of the shift or the day, he has to communicate all information that the next shift has to know for a well running of the operations.
• Reviews Guest Comments daily and reply to all of them, consult the FOM when complains accurse.
• He/she is familiar with all related company documentation and especially with the relevant Operational Standards Manual for his/her field of responsibility.
• Check Hotel / Residences situation, occupancy, functions, groups, VIPs.
• Review and ensure that the members guest have earned their stay points in daily basis.
• Ensure that the ALL members have received their Welcome drink voucher up on arrival.
• Ensure and work to achieve the Hotel enrollment annual target.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.