Job description / Role
The Security Project Engineer role is to coordinate and manage security projects through their progressive stages, with the goal of project completion within specified time and budget constraints, and in full compliance with local HCIS regulations and Air Products minimum standard requirements.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSBILITIES
Risk Manager applies expertise to perform the following leadership activities:
* Assume full responsibility of all phases of the project.
* Develop and update execution strategy in support of project execution plan and schedule for all phase of the project to ensure project deliverables are met in a timely and cost-effective manner.
* Ensure that all internal and external stakeholders have adequate opportunity to provide input, comments, endorsements and approvals.
* Minimize risks through early identification, planning, and selection of best possible contracting strategies and proactive Project Management practices which focus on prevention of problems.
* Monitor the progressive cost of the project against approved budgets. Identify potential problems with same and make mitigating recommendations.
* Control change to Project Deliverables during the life of the project
* Ability to articulate the definition of project scope, milestones, goals, and deliverables.
* Plan and scheduled project timelines (activities, tasks, dependencies, and resource allocation)
* Manage technical projects, utilizing established project tools and methodologies.
* Develop and manage comprehensive project plans and associated project documents.
* Manage and monitor project budget and procurement requirements.
* Track project deliverables using appropriate tools, manage, mitigate and report project risks and issues to Project Management team.
* Facilitate efficient communication across all levels of a project to ensure consistency in reaching the project's goal, and to help in the recognition of any potential opportunities, risks, or complications.
* Cybersecurity project manager is responsible to stay current with any advances or changes in equipment, technology, and methodology.
* Management of various security focused projects across a large complex organization.
* Coordinate with contracting, procurement, communications, agencies and departments to ensure successful project rollout, communications and adoption.
* Managing the following tasks: multi-functional team coordination, develop request for information (RFI) and Request for Proposals (RFP), benefit/cost analysis, vendor selection, schedule and budget oversight, management of consultants/contractors, issue resolution, reporting and closeout of project upon completion.
* Ensures all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget, while managing complex budgets, including plan education
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or any related specialization.
* 20-25 years' work experience
* Deep knowledge of current HCIS standards, specifically SAF and SEC.
* Leadership & Stakeholder Management: Strong, proactive leadership qualities who can overcome obstacles through building successful stakeholder relationships.
* Experience with Major Capital Projects related to oil and gas industry.
* Minimum of 10 years' experience in managing Security projects as per HCIS requirements
* Collaboration: Works with all levels and all functions of Air Products and Air Products Joint Venture Partners.
* Able to build trusting relationships.
* Self-Guided: Self-motivated, pro-active individual who can work independently as well as in a team environment.
* Organization: Excellent organizational skills.
* Project Management: Familiar with Project Management Institute (PMI) methodologies for managing Major Capital Projects. PMP certification is preferable.
* Problem Solving: Strong problem-solving skills.
* Demonstrates initiative and assertiveness to gather stakeholder support when required.
* Communication: Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Presentation: Excellent presentation skills to subordinate and senior management audiences.
* Flexibility: Capable of adapting to change.
* Familiarity with directing Contractors/EPC (Engineering, Procurement and Construction) firms.
About the Company
Air Products touches the lives of consumers around the globe in positive ways every day. With approximately 16,000 employees and operations in 50 countries, we serve customers across a wide range of industries, including refining, chemical, metals, electronics, manufacturing, and food and beverage. We supply a unique portfolio of atmospheric and process gases, equipment and services.
Founded in 1940, Air Products has built a reputation for its innovative culture, operational excellence and commitment to safety and the environment. Our passionate, talented and committed employees from diverse backgrounds are driven by Air Products’ higher purpose to create innovative solutions that benefit the environment, enhance sustainability and address the challenges facing customers, communities and the world.