Job description / Role
Dir of Quality & Guest Experience
Our Vision, we make moments
Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts (MH&R) is in the "moments" business. We're intimately involved in important times in our guests lives. And you never know when a moment can be made. A simple smile in the lobby can create the positivity that turns a business trip into a new business celebration. An insider tip on the best way to spend a day can make an entire holiday. A romantic dinner for two can lead to a longer term partnership.
It doesn't take much to make a moment. Just to be genuine. And human. And warm. And take steps to do the ordinary in an extraordinary way.
We understand that this vision cannot be achieved without great people who create and support work environments designed to produce exceptional results.
- To promote efficiency, confidence, courtesy and an extremely high standard of social skills.
- To generally promote and ensure good inter-departmental relations.
- To display a pleasant manner and positive attitude at all times and to promote a good company image to guests and colleagues.
- To demonstrate pride in the workplace and personal appearance at all times when representing the hotel thus identifying a high level of commitment.
- To assist the Outlet managers in any task outlined/detailed by him/her.
- To create quality innovative drinks and train team on making them.
- To take time and get to know the guests, and to be committed to service excellence.
- To provide service that is sincere, warm and enthusiastic, ensuring the guests satisfaction.
Key Deliverables and Responsibilities
Planning & Organizing:
- To recommend hiring, promotions and dismissal to the Food & Beverage Office.
- To create an attractive beverage menu and recipe's in all outlets and update regularly.
- To provide menu engineering for Beverage Department
- To create stories for beverage creations.
- To be involved in planning of promotions, beverage purchases and pricing.
- To advise and consult with the bar with regards to service matters and beverage standards.
- To be constantly aware of the food & beverage cost of sale.
- To provide consumption data for purchasing purposes.
- To work constantly towards reducing stock holding together with cost control and storekeeper.
- To coordinate with Food & Beverage Marketing and Food & Beverage Manager all marketing activities and public relations related to the bar.
- To be fully aware at all times of competition activities, theme nights and pricing.
- To instill a beverage culture within the Hotel
- To train all beverage heartist on recipe's, quality and storytelling about beverages to enhance the guest experience
- To lead actively in the creation of new drinks, and participate in creation of snacks, food menu and improve presentations to achieve the overall objective.
- To review all complaints related to beverage personally, inform the Food & Beverage Office and suggest improvements.
- To participate in any Training/Developments schemes as recommended by senior management.
- Responsible for the proper maintenance and cleanliness of all areas in the Bar.
- To ensure sanitary conditions according to Health codes and Hotel standards.
- To supervise the daily beverage team .
- To advise and consult with the Food & Beverage manager on all matters pertaining to the beverage operation.
- To define training needs and set-up training programs. Continuously trains the team to achieve highest professionalism.
- To report any equipment failures/problems to the Maintenance Department.
- To pass any maintenance requests to the Maintenance Department.
- To ensure correct handling of equipment to minimize breakages and losses.
- To inspect all areas daily before opening according to fixed standard checklist.
- To enforce and maintain all policies and procedures.
- To approve requisitions for beverages, condiments, general supplies and guest supplies, taking into consideration established par stocks.
- To maintain standards specification for all beverages and food products.
- Responsible for the hygienic appearance and grooming standards of all staff.
- To inspect all fridges and bar stores to check expiry dates on all items.
- To implement and maintain full database for the beverage separately from the Food & Beverage or Hotel database coordination with marketing communications.
- To perform any other duties assigned by Food & Beverage.
- To have a complete understanding of and to adhere to Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts policy relating to Fire, Hygiene, Health and Safety.
- Be familiar with all related company documentation and especially with the relevant Operational Standards Manual for the department.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- To submit the following reports:
- Overtime & extra hours consumed monthly.
- Daily log book
- Other expenses control sheet
- Time schedule weekly
- Vacation schedules yearly
Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts reserves the right to revise all job descriptions from time to time as business needs demand. Other duties may be assigned as & when necessary. The above-mentioned job description attempts to outline key aspects of the role, however, does not limit its right to assign other duties to an employee in this position. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.