Job description / Role
A superb opportunity has come up with a leading organisation in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. Our client is looking to hire a Head of Arbitration to join the team and mentor the junior associates in the department. The ideal candidate will administer arbitrations and other forms of ADR in Riyadh and then, as needed, in other offices around the Kingdom. He/she will be responsible for administering disputes in a variety of sectors involving local and international parties.
The type of work you will be responsible for will include domestic and international, civil and commercial disputes, which are filed with the organisation for Arbitration and other ADR processes. You will be required to guide, motivate and manage the team and fully utilise the resources available to you, in order to grow the department / team.
• Lead and coordinate the planning and management of cases in an effective and efficient manner;
• Negotiate with parties to obtain information to provide neutral assessment and resolution of disputed issues and execute Arbitration hearings for the purpose of deciding domestic and regional commercial disputes;
• Ensure the technical correctness of all parties deliverables, review and verify the decision are compliance with statutory laws and rules of Arbitration;
• Manage, capture and appropriately disseminate statistical information from cases, while monitoring market and development of other arbitration and ADR firms;
• Develop the opportunity to meet, brief and learn from parties interested in ADR and develop awareness of domestic services.
• Develop opportunities to participate and contribute at targeted industry conferences, and seminars as well as author and publish articles;
• Develop and maintain expertise and up-to-date knowledge of relevant legislation, regulations, conventions, cases, procedures and industry best practice;
• Recruit, train, develop, manage and guide Case Counsels in their individual and team work;
• Capture, collect, monitor, analyse and disseminate statistical and other reports on quarterly basis for the firm.
• Become the trusted expert and administrator for ADR clients/users and other stakeholders, while developing a professional profile as a solutions provider;
• Undertakes ad hoc tasks as and when required by the Managing Partner
• Law Degree from a reputable University;
• Ten plus years of experience in a relevant field out of which five years in the ADR field with international experience; and minimum of two years in institutional arbitration experience.
• Good interpersonal and strong business development skills;
• Experience recruiting, training and managing staff and external partners
• Able and willing to undertake regional and international travel;
• Demonstrate executive management skills; including client and stakeholder management, customer service, project management and negotiations skills;
• Ability to demonstrate strong leadership and decision making skills;
• Strong presentation skills; and
• Professional Level Proficiency in English and Arabic is a must with strong communication skills.
About the Company
The founders of Bespoke Professionals began their careers in London, working alongside some of the most experienced and respected recruiters in the business for several years before relocating to the Middle East in 2009. In their time in the Middle East, it became apparent that very few of the regions recruitment firms were able to provide a similar kind of efficient, professional and systematic search service to that which can be found in major business centres such as London or Hong Kong.
And so, with several years experience, vast industry expertise, passion for delivering results and a strong desire to meet the shortage in the market, they founded Bespoke Professionals in 2012 to provide executive search services to companies across the Middle East.