Job description / Role
Head Of Department - Foundation (Alk Female College)
• Drive high performance of the Foundations team (the team) through strong leadership of the Tutors, identifying training and support needs and dealing with under performance with the appropriate interventions where required.
• Positively and effectively communicate key messages to the team through regular 121’s and team meetings, dealing with challenges as they arise.
• Work alongside and in collaboration with the other Colleges, to share best practice and positive solutions, to challenges that arise in the delivery of the Foundations programme.
• Investigate any student complaints received in line with the relevant policy, sharing the outcome and rational for decisions made to all parties involved.
• Seek guidance and support from the HR team on all people concerns, so that these can be dealt with appropriately and within the legal framework.
• Take responsibility for success of timetabling in the Foundations Department, with attendance by students being a KPI, along with progression of the learning journey. Respond and plan for absence and holidays to ensure that the timetable is not affected.
• Having a full understanding of the overall performance of our contract, ensure that you are working closely with the relevant stakeholders to ensure that our progress and achievement is on point, providing solutions where required to challenges arising throughout the year.
• Create a working environment which is focused on a culture of innovation, creativity, high performance and a motivated team.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Minimum of an English certificate including: CELTA, DELTA, TEFEL or TESOL
• CELTA minimum, though the DELTA Qualification would be advantageous.
• Experience in English Language programmes.
• Experience working in Saudi Arabia or GCC is preferred, though not a deal breaker.
• Action orientation - Demonstrates a readiness to make decisions, take initiative and originate action.
• Creativity - Creates new and imaginative approaches to work related issues. Identifies fresh approaches and shows a willingness to question traditional assumptions.
• Flexibility - Successfully adapts to changing demands and conditions.
• Interpersonal Sensitivity - Interacts with others in a sensitive and effective way.
• Respects and works well with others.
• Commitment - Is single minded in achieving personal goals. Shows determination and tenacity in meeting challenges.
• A strong commitment to achieving high standards.
• Communication - Communicates clearly and effectively and takes into account the needs and expectations of others.
• Personal Motivation - Commits self to work hard towards goals. Show enthusiasm and career commitment.
• Planning & Organizing - Organizes and schedules event, activities and resources. Sets up and monitors timescales and plans effectively.
• Problem Solving & Analysis – Able to analyse issues and breaks them down into their component parts.
• Makes systematic and rational judgements based on relevant information.
• Judgement, Decision Making, Problem Solving & Decisiveness: Assesses the extent and scope of a given problem or issue and decides what action to take.
• Liaising & Negotiating: Proactively building positive relationships with others both within and external to esg to improve knowledge and share information.
• Managing, Implementing, Adapting & Supporting Change: Supports and initiates change as required. Continually strives to improve work practices and processes to suit business needs.
• Personal Persuasion & Influence: Aware of the impact and appropriateness of own personal style. Able to persuade and negotiate with others to achieve win/win situations.
• Leadership - Motivates and empowers others in order to reach organizational goals.
• Sharing Information: Proactively builds positive relationships with others both internal and external the organisation to improve knowledge, share information, benchmark against other and to ensure adoption of effective business practices.
• Team Working, Cooperating & Collaborating: Works effectively as part of a team and shows commitment to team goals and values. Is effective at persuading and negotiating with others to achieve win/win situations.
About the Company
Interserve Learning & Employment provides first class skills, education and employment services to help break down barriers to prosperity. Our ever expanding team offers flexible, tailored support to teenagers and adults from all walks of life, including school leavers, employees who seek career development and anyone who, through illness or changing circumstances, has been prevented from completing their journey into work. With our help, tens of thousands of people a year embark on training or jobs, which has a positive impact on wider communities and local economies.